Lugnuts for tundra and sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Proven

RTFM, STEP 6, POST
Threads
I just did brakes and rotors on the 2014 Toyota Sequoia. I realized that the Lugnuts were all swollen and deformed probably from service centers impact wrenches. They were so bad that even the factory lug wrench could not get a purchase on the ends of the Lugnuts. And when I used a 22 mm deep socket I had to beat the Lugnuts out the end of it because they would get stuck. It was time for a new set.

Looking at the dealer appeared to be sold for $20 each. It looks like gorillas sells them for about $15 each. Napa was somewhere between eight and 10 for whatever brand their in-house version is.

Luckily I was able to find this post on eBay

These arrived today and I inspected them. From what I can tell they are exactly OEM.

Just thought I’d share

I just did brakes and rotors on the 2014 Toyota Sequoia. I realized that the Lugnuts were all swollen and deformed probably from service centers impact wrenches. They were so bad that even the factory lug wrench could not get a purchase on the ends of the Lugnuts. And when I used a 22 mm deep socket I had to beat the Lugnuts out the end of it because they would get stuck. It was time for a new set.

Looking at the dealer appeared to be sold for $20 each. It looks like gorillas sells them for about $15 each. Napa was somewhere between eight and 10 for whatever brand their in-house version is.

Luckily I was able to find this post on eBay

These arrived today and I inspected them. From what I can tell they are exactly OEM.

Just thought I’d share
Unfortunately Toyota puts a small chrome "cap" over the actual Lug nut. This gets deformed very easily when over torqued. Thanks for the link to a good set of replacements

Following up - I got them all installed and torqued (by hand)

Comparing the ones that came off and the replacements - I cannot find any detail that makes me think they are counterfeit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom