Lucy the '93 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been semi-lurking for a while now. Not sure I bring a ton of tech, but figured if the majority are like me - they like pictures and to see others ideas and progress. I purchased Lucy back in December of 2016. I spent literally hours every day scouring the internet for a decent 93-94 Cruiser. 95+ was not out of the question, but I really did not care for the leather interiors that most of those had. I also liked the idea of the simplicity of ODBI. Anyway, paid more than I cared for, but she had the cloth interior and was in pretty decent shape. I picked up two one-way tickets to San Antonio, in case it was a total basket case on arrival. Upon landing and inspecting it was a deal. After a quick lunch I was on the road for Denver in a then 23 year old vehicle that I had no idea about. But what was 173k miles on the ticker? Childs play!

Pic in front of the restaurant before departing.

purchase.jpg

Much to my dismay, the tape player would not keep the tape in. And there was some country CD that would not eject from the player. The power antenna did work (recently replaced!), and the 23 year old speakers did produce some sound though. ~16 hours later I was home with my new baby! Our pups approved (even if they did not look like it at the time)!

approved.jpg

Obviously she survived an impromptu 1000 mile road trip, which was rather impressive if not unintelligent of me. But that is what makes life interesting! :D The whole trip I was thinking the HG was going to let loose at any point. Something that I still think of from time to time. Thanks 'mud!

The only input I had from the wife was that it could not become another "project". I am somewhat known for not finishing things, so adding a vehicle to the list, potentially on blocks in the driveway, was not something that was going to fly. First order of business was getting her to pass smog. New plugs, adjusted timing, Seafoam, all new vac lines. Nothing did the trick. Finally opened up the VAF and adjusted the tension spring and wahla! We had greens across the board.

vaf.jpg

Now that she was tagged it was time for the other obvious issue. She did have some serious clicking from the birfs, and Poly Performance had a sale on RCV's so I did manage to talk her into doing that. And a front end rebuild "while I was in there". I also managed to sneak in some Fox shocks and a set of 50mm Slinky's. Shhhhh... Since they were RCV's it also meant a part-time kit. I managed to line up a friends garage for the weekend and we dove in.

front-rebuild.jpg

It was not too bad to be honest. Not as bad as some of the others that I have seen on here. No super soup, but had obviously been gone through at some point in the last now 24 years. New axles/birfs, new bearings, gaskets, wipers, kingpins, DBA discs, 100 pads, you name it. Plus the Slinky's... :geek:

Life was good.

phase1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom