Lspv brake problem how_to delete?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just picked up a 91 ext cab the brake lines are all shot so when i replumb the system i would like to omit the lspv valve which is a rusty piece of $%&!.i was told cap the line in the pass front wheel that goes to the pass front wheel so it doesnt go back to rear and run the other line one piece back directly to the rubber line that drops down to the axle...doews this sound right????safe????im open to all pros and cons and i accept full responsibly for my modifications regardless...thanx alot

Nutshell:

Put a 57% porporting valve directly after the rear brake line on the master cyl. ($35 from speedway motors... I use fittings that adapt the 1/8" NPT to 10x1.00. I also use an unused rear line to connect the valve to the master cyl so that i don't have to flare any new lines).

Cap the rear most line on the T (10x1.00 inverted flare fitting) in the passenger side wheel well.

take out the LPSV, and throw it in the trash

Take the remaining line running to the rear of the truck, and connect it to the soft brake line.

Done. Problem solved.

thanx for the info i didnt know about the 57% proportioning valve,is that definetly needed you cant just run the line ?

thanx alot i ordered it up....Do you turn the adjustment all the way in to get 57% or do you kind of tune it in while doin 60 and nailing the brakes:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom