LS swap upper radiator hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning,

Does anyone have opinions on how to handle the upper radiator hose on my 88 FJ62. The lower hose I found a hose at Napa and cut to fit and it had the right bends in it. The upper hose I can a short section out of the original LS hose and splice it with a repair kit from Napa, but was hoping for something better?

Good morning,

Does anyone have opinions on how to handle the upper radiator hose on my 88 FJ62. The lower hose I found a hose at Napa and cut to fit and it had the right bends in it. The upper hose I can a short section out of the original LS hose and splice it with a repair kit from Napa, but was hoping for something better?
Is your inlet on driver or pass side? If you are using the stock radiator with inlet on the DS, I used Gates 22358 and trimmed it a bit to fit. I added an adel clamp to hold it down to the shroud. Hope this helps.

0E75CC07-1455-471D-9B71-09F9CB779AF2_1_105_c.jpeg

I have almost all of my parts listed in this document, along with notes that I have collected in case it is helpful to you.

looks like you got it figured out, but another option is you can get some Stainless mandrel bends that match the ID of the water pump and get mandrel bends and make your own pipe. That way you only have to use rubber and clamps on the ends. Just a thought.

if you just like to light money on fire, there are adapters that convert your barb type fitings on your radiator and water pump to like AN male fittings and you can run a fat ass AN line. Would look pretty cool

I did that hose at your suggestion. What did you end up doing for the air intake?
Glad it worked out. For the intake, I pieced together a few silicone and aluminum parts to make it work. Essentially a 90* from my 62 air cleaner lid over to a 20* silicone elbow connected with a straight piece of aluminum. Then I used this to make the MAF sensor 4" and another 90* into the intake.

To make it work a little easier I also ended up switching to a Gen IV truck water pump, which turned the outlet pipe straight towards the PS fender. I added a 90* piece of hose and used a barb fitting to connect it to the hose we chatted about above. I have a mechanical fan, which definitely limits my options for running rad and intake pipe.

Hope this helps. What is your setup?

8444F1CD-6142-45EB-BD7B-A92F9609EC83_1_105_c.jpeg

386E2ED0-7FD1-403F-8A43-30D8A0F5B756_1_105_c.jpeg

69E397D5-56F3-4297-BB71-B7DAF057D5AE_1_105_c.jpeg

9110D60A-9C74-48E1-84BD-A9AF07A81EAD_1_105_c.jpeg

Glad it worked out. For the intake, I pieced together a few silicone and aluminum parts to make it work. Essentially a 90* from my 62 air cleaner lid over to a 20* silicone elbow connected with a straight piece of aluminum. Then I used this to make the MAF sensor 4" and another 90* into the intake.

To make it work a little easier I also ended up switching to a Gen IV truck water pump, which turned the outlet pipe straight towards the PS fender. I added a 90* piece of hose and used a barb fitting to connect it to the hose we chatted about above. I have a mechanical fan, which definitely limits my options for running rad and intake pipe.

Hope this helps. What is your setup?

View attachment 3391980

View attachment 3391981

View attachment 3391982

View attachment 3391983
I'm ready to install my Air intake and wondered which route you took with that. I've seen them go the DS and the PS. Yours's looks pretty good. I was trying to decide also if I'd use the stock filter or use the cone shaped one I bought, but then I'd need to build a box for that. Thanks for the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom