LS swap AC issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I had an LS swap done by @Well Sorted. The swap has gone really well overall, and obviously minor things will pop up that are unpredictable! Overall have been super happy.

My AC has been working great for the past month, but today my AC cut-off without warning. I thought I heard an audible pop near my left knee around the fuse box so initially thought a fuse was blown. I confirmed the 10A fuse was not blown. Then I thought I had an AC leak, as the swap was just finished about a month and a half ago now. The pressure gauge on the refrigerant is actually reading high(into the red on the pressure gauge) at the low pressure side of the compressor. I confirmed that the compressor is being turned by the belt. I suspect that the pressure cutoff sensor is detecting high pressure at the low pressure end of the compressor and preventing the clutch from engaging. However, I have no experience with this sort of stuff. I saw that the clutch was not turning with the pulley despite the AC being turned to "on", but the clutch is able to be freely moved with the car turned off. I should mention that blue "A/C" button as stopped turning on, as well as the blower motor failing to turn on as well.

Any ideas? I suspect that the whole system is excessively pressurized(maybe from excess heat?) and a high pressure cutoff is happening.

All this was while the system was warm. So will check again in the morning to see if the system just needs some time to cool off. If that is the case and everything works, will probably need to work on some thermal shielding :)

EDIT: After some digging I found this thread which sounds like my problem. FJ60 AC (and panel) abruptly stopped working - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-ac-and-panel-abruptly-stopped-working.1000275/ Sounds exactly like my problem. Will report back with results.

Ben

Last edited:
Update: This was the problem. The 30A circuit breaker was likely tripped by the high draw of the blower motor on the hot day. Simple reset of the circuit breaker with a paper clip and the whole circuit works once again! Including a picture for anyone who has this problem in the future.

1622260681236.png

The silver coin battery looking thing in the top right corner of the fuse box is the 30A circuit breaker to the AC system. You jab a paperclip in that to get it to reset.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom