low speed hesitation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my 92 L/C with the 4.0L and 170,000 miles. I am having a continuous hesitation/miss at low speeds (around 5 mph) at around 1,000 rpms. I changed sparkplugs, oil change, valve adjustment. This was to get it to pass emissions. Tomorrow I will change fuel filter, spark plug wires, cap and rotor. I have also added seafoam to both fuel and oil. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks.

Could it be that is not downshifting and staying in 2nd??

Have you tried adjusting a bit the throttle cable?

I will look at the throttle cable. This happens when I start from a stop and don't exceed about 5 or 10 mph, so I am using very little throttle-around 1,000 rpm. When I put on some throttle to accelerate, or cruising at a faster speed I have no problems.
Ron

Maybe clean EGR modulator and EGR valve and all associated vacuum lines, this made a big diffrence on my 1991 FJ80.

does it do it worse when its cold? do you hear any popping from the intake? could be a lean condition.

Does it when warm and I don't hear any popping noise. As for the egr, it just passed emissions but I will clean the system.
Ron

Air intake hose? I had the same on my 94 and when I checked the hose it broke in two. Ordered one from Cdan but had to JB weld and duct tape it until it gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom