low beams not working yet working when turning high beams on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
May 16, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
159
Location
Australia
Hi all,

Ive searched and tried things but could not find a solution. Might be very simple.

When turning on my low beams in position as per picture, I have a light on one side not working. 1 and 2 should light up which they do on the other side but 2 is not working on left side. Then when I push the lever to engage the high beams so 1,2 and 3 should turn on, then everything works as expected on both side.

-Is there 2 filaments on one bulb for number 2 then? Have not tried to change it yet.

-What I have done is change the high beams relay, did not do anything.

Thanks for your help
 
pictures as mentioned

IMG_1639.webp


IMG_1638.webp
 
Before I break anything how do I disconnect that plastic holding the bulb in place? I have no idea why Im struggling so much haha

IMG_2249.webp
 
that plastic is actually a rubber grommet that goes around the globe base sealing it & then onto the back of the headlamp
its probably hardened over the years but should pull off. try peeling it and work your way around
 
that plastic is actually a rubber grommet that goes around the globe base sealing it & then onto the back of the headlamp
its probably hardened over the years but should pull off. try peeling it and work your way around
thank you, yeah it must be really stuck then because it wouldn’t move yesterday, Ill try again
 
Back
Top Bottom