loud springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
1971fj40.blogspot.com
When I go over any bump slowly it sounds like old bed springs. Not sure if it's coming from the coilovers or maybe the U/LCAs. It's hard to recreate without a friend to listen. And I have no friends:frown:
Where's a good place to start.
THX

Have you recently installed new springs?

You may want to check your LCA bushings closely. I still run stock LCA's and my bushings were slap worn out and had cracks/shears in the rubber. I replaced them and much better.

When I go over any bump slowly it sounds like old bed springs. Not sure if it's coming from the coilovers or maybe the U/LCAs. It's hard to recreate without a friend to listen. And I have no friends:frown:
Where's a good place to start.
THX

On my last FJ, there were two different things that made the sound (up front) you describe and neither of them were suspension.
1) Not sure if you have an aftermarket bumper, but check the bolt that sticks out at bottom of radiator. (follow the pipe that goes across the whole thing). If that bolt makes contact with a bumper it can make a squeaky bedspring sound.

2) If any part of the bezel around the headlights has taken a hit offroad, the styrofoam or whatever is inside of that can make a squeak as it shifts. Simply press around the whole thing with your hand while parked to see if that is the mystery noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom