Lost FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello gents looking for some assistance to see if my fathers 1974 FJ Cruiser was still around. It was sold back in 2003 from Smithtown, NY. Originally factory green that was painted yellow. Would love to get ahold of it again if it’s for sale or be happy to know it was restored. Full vin number has been ran and comes up unreturned in all 50 states. Perhaps it’s sitting rotting away somewhere and can be saved as no registration records are present. Last known location of the vehicle was Kings Park, NY 11754 Thank you!

1974 Toyota FJ 40
Vin: Ends in 426

Please delete if not allowed.

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

I hope you find it! I’ll keep an eye out but the chances of it being on the west coast are slim.

Pre 81 VIN is too short for CarFax. I gave my 79 to my daughter in 2002. I signed over the title which was never transfered. 2008 I got it back when she went thru a divorce. Her soon too be ex couldn't find the title I gave them. I called DMVs to try and get a duplicate title. Was informed that had no way to find my old title in the system. Was told I would personally have to go to a warehouse to how to find it. Never bothered to go that route. Few years later going thru my titles found a copy I made of the title copy machine shows void over the copy but with the title took less than five minutes to get a new title. So AZ is not going to show of it was here. Other states don't even issue titles on vehicles over a certain age. Most of those seem to be on the east coast. It's possible it's registered on the road and no way to search it. I remember a site that kind records of stolen vehicles and possibly those reported as total or having salvage title. Never heard of a site that could search all the vehicles registered in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom