Loose Drivers Seat

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by BMWSTOY, Sep 27, 2017.

1. BMWSTOY

BMWSTOY

Before I take it out, anyone ran accross a loose drivers seat? So I know what to look for.
    -
    The 4 bolts that fasten the seat are tight.
    When I am on a rough road, I noticed the drivers seat sort of rocked near the arm rest.
    If I try to move it, the rails are tight, but the seat itself rocks from the rear up off the rail about 1/8-1/4 inch, not much but its annoying - guessing where the seat attaches to the rails.

Thanks

2. ronvdp

ronvdp

Surprised there aren't more complaints of this. I guess we're the unlucky ones. I found one other thread about it and it sounds like the dealer says its normal. It clearly isn't as the passenger side is tight. IT's fairly unnerving going around corners or over bumps with the seat feeling like it's coming off. I might be OK with it for a while but it's my wife's and she hates it, developed over a couple months. '08 TT FJ w/93kmiles

3. NyNomad

NyNomad

only time my seats were loose is when I removed them all to dry the interior after taking the fj swimming. if they are loose, it sounds like there could be missing washers(?) that's if there are washers. I can't remember and too tired to check mine to verify

4. firensteel

firensteel

///Surprised there aren't more complaints of this. I guess we're the unlucky ones. I found one other thread about it and it sounds like the dealer says its normal.///
    Sheesh, if it is covered by warranty go complain until they fix it. Never heard of this until now.
    ///the dealer says its normal/// It aint normal bro.

5. ronvdp

ronvdp

No warranty but it's a safety issue for sure. I'll quote my contacts at NHTSA so they think twice about screwing with me. We'll see. THere's definitely loose mechanics on the engagement mechanics on the side.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.