Looking to buy mild lift asap ome vs eibach ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm torn between ome nitro and eibach kits for 2"-2.5" lift, though for a little more could have a bils 6112 kit. I hear ome is stiff and basic Dobs are on the soft side. Would prefer more of a sport setting feel..Stock 07 with 255/80s daily driver and occasional mild to moderate trails no crawling or extra weight. Do load it down for kayak and camping trips. Sorry for beating a dead horse.
Who makes the most reliable upper control arms? Want to make make sure my tires wear evenly without compromising longevity.
Thank you!

I threw on some OME 2883/2895s recently, 2" or so of lift, not stiff IMO and I'm a weeny. I run them on Bilstein 5100s. Most sites don't spec the 2883 for a GX, some do for an FJ. Some say 1" lift, some say 2" lift... i got about 2"

The 2884, 2885, 2886 get stiffer and taller as you go up

Last edited:
Recently replaced my tired Dobinsons kit with a fresh Bilstein/OME set up . I have nothing bad to say about either . Both accommodate my driving needs just fine . Plenty of good budget options to chose from out there .

Thanks, it seems it's tought to go wrong with the bils/ome combo. The eibach seems very popular, though more info available with the bils/ome. The bils 6112 and iron man fcp look great though definitely pricey. Where did you get your shocks springs from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom