Looking for R12 service. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm moving to Mesa next month and I would like to get my AC serviced in my 92. I have plenty of R12 on hand but I don't have the equipment to install it. Do you guys know of anyone that still deals with R12 systems?

Desert Toy Shop in Mesa does. They recharged my R12 system a year or so ago.

Do you happen to remember what they charged you?

Do you happen to remember what they charged you?

That would be a hard question to answer without more information. Do you just want the charged top off. Or is it having issues. Think in twenty six years I've owned my 89 FJ62 I had to add a little refrigerant once. Unless it really starts leaking or has other issues not toughing the system.

That would be a hard question to answer without more information. Do you just want the charged top off. Or is it having issues. Think in twenty six years I've owned my 89 FJ62 I had to add a little refrigerant once. Unless it really starts leaking or has other issues not toughing the system.
I need it filled. Had leak at my condenser which has been fixed. I wouldn't mind someone else doing a pressure and vaccum test.

I have the receipt somewhere. Will find it and let you know.
Awesome, thank you.

I need it filled. Had leak at my condenser which has been fixed. I wouldn't mind someone else doing a pressure and vaccum test.

Awesome, thank you.
It needed a new compressor, etc and also had some other work done, but the R12 recharge Itself was pretty cheap. This was in 2018, so costs may have increased some since. Still blows ice cold today and hasn’t needed a recharge.

FEEE85FF-FC1B-4ED5-866B-86C2E11BFDE0.jpeg

It needed a new compressor, etc and also had some other work done, but the R12 recharge Itself was pretty cheap. This was in 2018, so costs may have increased some since. Still blows ice cold today and hasn’t needed a recharge.

View attachment 2317501
I hope they will use my freon. I have a 94 4runner I need to charge also once I find the leak. I'd rather not pay 180 for r12 that I already own.

I’m sure they will use what you already have. They’ve installed parts that I purchased and brought in.

Desert toy shop no longer serives r12 systems. Found a place in orange ca that will do it. Hopefully I can find shop in mesa for my 4runner when that's ready for a fill.

Would be wise to have it already charged by the time you get to Mesa. June is generally the hottest month of the year here. If your still in WA your in for a shock when you get here. Would be sure the rest of the cooling system in good shape as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom