Looking for help with GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings friends, my folks live in Tri Cities and I'm looking for a recommendation for a mechanic in the area that knows the 2UZ. It's going to need its 90K service to TB, fluids, plugs, etc. I would do all this for them but am in CO. TIA

Just an FYI, Tri-Cities is about 2-1/2 hours away from Spokane, so you may not get good responses from Spokane area folks on a Tri-Cities mechanic. Personally, if I'm looking for a mechanic on a fairly new Toyota/Lexus, and there are no dedicated Toyota mechanics around (TorFab, etc...), I'd just take it to the dealer. I bought a Tundra from Toyota of Tri-Cities, and had a great experience, and I've heard a lot of good things about them overall. Last year I had the timing belt/water pump on my LX470 with the 2UZ done, and I didn't have time to do it myself so I went to my local dealer and it was $1000 even. In and out same day, washed and vacuumed. Would have killed a weekend for me to do it myself. So to me, yes it's expensive, but it was worth it. I might have saved $200 to go to another mechanic, but the savings isn't always in the labor, usually shops don't use Toyota parts unless you tell them to, and then the price ends up being the same, and if you source all the parts yourself, it becomes a warranty issue.

On the 2UZ, I'd do the water pump as well, and if they keep the rig until 180k, do the fan pulley bracket on the next TB service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom