Looking for a decent fork. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a decent fork they want to get rid of? I'm looking to build a gt xcr 3000 that my buddy gave me. I'd like something with at least 5 inches of travel, preferably 6 or more. I could do with a single or a double crown, just looking for something pretty cheap since i got the frame for free.

I'll be doing light downhill stuff mostly.

Thanks

I would suggest looking for a beefy 4" travel fork for that bike. Maybe 5" but that is pushing it. 5-6"+ would be too much travel for the frame. A dual crown, DH fork would be a nightmare. The geometry would be severely out of whack. It's like trying to ride trails on a chopper. Also, that frame was not designed for the kind of forces that leverage creates when your axle to crown length gets over 18-19" or so. That's a great way to separate the headtube from the rest of the bike and hit the deck really hard. Just my .02

One thing led to another and i ended up with this. No need for a fork now...

06 Transition Dirtbag

Done6.jpg

Does pretty good. I'm just getting into the downhill mountain diking thing but on the trails i've been on and the trial i've made behind the house it does pretty good. Just starting to get the feel of being in the air for extended periods of time haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom