Looking at an 80 need help!!` (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brother is looking to pick up a 1995 Cruiser 186k stock condition- Has front and rear e-lockers- Leather interior, Third row seating. I was just wondering what we should look for when we give it a look over before he buys it. I'm not too familar w/these cruiser any input would be appreciated.

Does this car have obd II, Airbags????

Thanks Guys!! :beer:

yes. the 95s are OBD II compliant and it should have air bags.

Thanks for the reply...........

I did a little research:

Normal things w/mileage seem to be valve cover gasket, rear main seal, PM headgasket if not done yet, PHH, lets see if i can dig up more info!!

See if the front knuckles look reasonably clean. '95's have the airbag on the ds only IIRC. I dont' think they added the ps that year, but could be wrong.

See if the lockers actually engage if they've never been used the actuators could be sticky.

They didn't put in the pass side airbags until 97. The price and what your brother is willing to take on will largely dictate if this rig is a good fit for him. Sounds like a great base Cruiser to start with. The big things I would reccomend are check any maintenance records, hopefully he has some, check oil, coolant, PS fluid, tranny fluid brake fluid make sure all is in reasonable condition and check the knuckles to make sure there is no black soup leaking a dryish dirt/crud build up is probably fine. Of course check all the systems to make sure none are broken. Don't forget that it is a major buyers market right now on SUV's so check what other 80's are going for and don't be afraid to walk away if they are firm on a price that seems above average, there will be another. Good luck and keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom