Look what I got today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will you have to use shims on the front to correct the caster? With my 2.5 BDS springs I had to shim the front to keep from wandering on the highway. Just curious about changing to a 4 inch kit, but want to know what to expect. The reason I had to shim might be because I used taller shackles too. Just thought of that.

Thanks!

Best Top sells the OEM style soft top, but its a special order, meaning they make them to order, it was around $600.

I made the bows out of electrical EMT. Spector let me behind the counter to take photos and measurements. One other day I went to Spector, they had the main bow, the one that goes behind the front seats. I have seen a web site that shows how to make that particular bow. I took parts off my hard top to make the crossmembers that go over the doors and had a sheet metal shop make some other piece that I needed (this piece goes on the inside). If anyone is interested I could take some photos. I dont think I could have done it, if Spector hadnt allowed me to take photos and measurements.

Finally got the tires

Super Swamper 34x10.50 LTB
PICT0037.jpg
PICT0038.jpg

I would love to see some pictures of how you did the top. Your truck looks good with those LTB's. We have about the same look going.

Ill take some photos tomarrow. At the time I made the bows I only had a gas welder. They would of came out a lot cleaner with a wire welder.

Thank you to all, I may still have the measurements for the bows, Ill look around. Do you guys have photos of your cruisers you can post?

Picture267.jpg

myfj401meeting.jpg

Here is mine. Same lift and same tires. My front springs are flipped to push the front end out and I have 1" longer than stock shackles in the back to level things out.

Here are some photos of the bows, I am still looking for the measurements.
PICT0039.jpg
PICT0040.JPG
PICT0041.JPG

More photos. Now that I think about it I did use a wire welder.
PICT0043.jpg
PICT0044.JPG
PICT0048.JPG

The white door rail came from my hard top, the galvanized piece on the inside was made by a sheet metal shop. The long bows in the back had to be welded together, Home Depot didnt sell the length I needed. I cut and crimped a piece of EMT to connect the two pieces, then my son used it as a handle, so I had to put a half piece at the bottom to re-inforce it.
PICT0045.JPG
PICT0047.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom