Look what I brought home this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove to Milwaukee to pick up this 84 Fj60. Got it at a good price and will make it drive-able at first and then see how much I want to modify it. Lots of parts as the PO took it all apart to part out. This then never happened and it sat around for the last few years in a garage. He also did not just hack it all out. He took his time and have all hardware and bolts for everything. All in all in good shape. Already have an Ironman suspension in the garage, and will start on the bottom, doing wirebrush and paint, then suspension, brakes, axles. then get engine put back together, and then interior and body. I have lots of questions......

Here it is: more to follow
P1010001 (Small).JPG
P1010002 (Small).JPG
P1010003 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
More pics

Parts, non USA carb, newly rebuilt. Also has a downey flame thrower dizzy, and new Jacobs electronics stuff. Never installed.
P1010004 (Small).JPG
P1010005 (Small).JPG
P1010006 (Small).JPG

and lastly

I need a new rear window or complete hatch.
P1010007 (Small).JPG
P1010008 (Small).JPG

have some parts left over from a 60 we parted out, might have a rear window... check with me if you need other stuff... would like to clean out the garage...

Casey, I'd be interested for sure. let me know what you have, please!

i'll rummage through the stuff this weekend to look for the rear window... i know we have lot's of the plastic parts, dash stuff, windows...

I'll be back in town Sunday afternoon, and will check in with you. PM me or send me an email with a list and prices. If you have pics of everything, that would be great too! Thanks!

Casey, just checking in. I sent you a PM.

Thanks

I saw a rear window (upper half on Ebay) Search- toyota landcruiser
Hope it helps

Yep, I see it. Will watch it. Thanks for the heads up!

Cleaned er up some...

I decided to clean up the inside, after a mouse run over my lap in the cruiser, meaning to get the nest out, not from me soiling the inside dueto the mouse running over my lap.... Took out seats, carpet, wiring. Nice nest under back seat. Also had one in the insulation under the hood. The motor is almost back together to start for the first time. Here are some pics of the progress, after the carpet removal, wire removal and clean up.

That/s not rust in the back area, just old carpet still stuck, before I got the shopvac to it.
P1010019 (Small).JPG
P1010023 (Small).JPG
P1010024 (Small).JPG

Ironman lift

And this is after the ironman lift. The first on with stock 265 tires and the second with a 33X12.50 from the 40.
P1010025 (Medium).JPG
P1010026 (Medium).JPG

Shackle

Yep, saw that after the install and not too sure about it, but hoping that some weight, and some settling will help with getting it pushed out. Will see how it goes once I start driving it.

Brian

Did you remove one from the middle? Since I have yet to drive this thing, I have no idea what it is going to be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom