Longest FJ55 trip in recent memory! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know, I was thinking about your situation today and recalled a 150 kw, case diesel generator that would have powered your facility nicely. I don't know what it went for but it was on the job I completed last winter. It went up for public auction. I don't know what fuel costs would be however. In your situation if $$$ was no object a diesel back up system with a photovaltaic and battery bank you might get away with a smaller utility hook up. Ok, enough already, sorry for the hi-jack..

If you hear of another let me know! Sometimes you just need to tell the utility company to get lost for a while so they can become reasonable!

I wouldn't say money is no object but the utility costs here are pretty high so things that may not be feasible in the US may well work here. Remember we have sun almost every day.

getting stuck in a south american jail after a fender bender was no fun either.............the other driver was drunk and hit me while he was driving on the wrong side of the road; but I was the "gringo" so somehow it was my fault???.....although 25 years later it is laughable;

Lou

getting stuck in a south american jail after a fender bender was no fun either.............the other driver was drunk and hit me while he was driving on the wrong side of the road; but I was the "gringo" so somehow it was my fault???.....although 25 years later it is laughable;

Lou

Ye, the gringo is ALWAYS at fault but the penal system here is such that if there is an accident everyone is going to jail anyways (guilty till proven innocent)!! You need to buy insurance with a "bail bond" rider on it.

I guess I must have looked like the very dumb gringo 'cause I was the only one thrown in the "calabozo" the other driver was apparently very well connected in the small town and related to the comamndante of the local police; but other than that and a few smaller incidents it was fun traveling all over SA in those more innocent days!

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom