LLK's 1st Annual Mardi Krawl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
Threads
Website
www.lalandkrewesers.com
Mardi_Krawl_Logo.png

The LLK 1st Annual Mardi Krawl event is going
to happen April 4 - 7 at
Hawk Pride Mountain ORV.

If you haven't seen the thread in the LLK clubhouse, 4 LLK members (Kevin, Erick, Matt and Cody) went to Hawk Pride the last weekend of Dec and despite the inclement weather had a good time and nothing but good things to say about the park and the owner. I spoke with Mark, the owner, and he is very excited about the possibilities of us holding an annual event at his park. He said he is in the process of making improvements and is adding new trails. Deryl (speedn3), Jonas (Grouper) and Jason (HODGES) will be spearheading putting this event together. Any ideas can be funneled through them. Keep in mind that this year's event is obviously short notice so we will not be attempting to go full blown event on this one. There may or may not be a small raffle. Instead of buying tickets we may be making a donation to a charity. We probably won't have a catered dinner or a registration fee this year (park fees will still apply and we are working on what that will be) but who knows. Our event committee is working on that stuff right now.

As we get more details, we will keep you posted. For now, mark it on your calendars and start begging for time off!! We would love to see our BSLCA brothers and sisters out there. :clap::bounce2::clap:

Last edited:
The LLK 1st Annual Mardi Krawl event is going
to happen April 4 - 7 at
Hawk Pride Mountain ORV.

If you haven't seen the thread in the LLK clubhouse, 4 LLK members (Kevin, Erick, Matt and Cody) went to Hawk Pride the last weekend of Dec and despite the inclement weather had a good time and nothing but good things to say about the park and the owner. I spoke with Mark, the owner, and he is very excited about the possibilities of us holding an annual event at his park. He said he is in the process of making improvements and is adding new trails. Deryl (speedn3), Jonas (Grouper) and Jason (HODGES) will be spearheading putting this event together. Any ideas can be funneled through them. Keep in mind that this year's event is obviously short notice so we will not be attempting to go full blown event on this one. There may or may not be a small raffle. Instead of buying tickets we may be making a donation to a charity. We probably won't have a catered dinner and there won't be a registration fee this year (park fees will still apply and we are working on what that will be).

As we get more details, we will keep you posted. For now, mark it on your calendars and start begging for time off!! We would love to see our BSLCA brothers and sisters out there. :clap::bounce2::clap:

Good for you guys, Mike. I hope it goes well and all goes smoothly.

8 1/2 is a bit of a little ride for the weekend but who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing a new land

me

If it makes you feel any better, that's about what it takes me to get to Superlift. :D

Totally understand that it is a haul for some. We just wanted to try some new places. So, in Nov, me and 2 other LLK members went to a place called Choccolocco Mountain in northern AL. It was a lot of fun but I don't think he was ready for an event like we want to have. Maybe in the next couple of years. Trey, the owner, shared some of his plans as far as the park goes and I think he is headed in the right direction. We will make another trip there I am sure of it. But Hawk Pride just seems to fit and Mark is a bit ahead of where Trey is so that's why we chose that spot. We'll see how it goes this year and go from there. I hope some of you guys make the trip.

If it makes you feel any better, that's about what it takes me to get to Superlift. :D

Totally understand that it is a haul for some. We just wanted to try some new places. So, in Nov, me and 2 other LLK members went to a place called Choccolocco Mountain in northern AL. It was a lot of fun but I don't think he was ready for an event like we want to have. Maybe in the next couple of years. Trey, the owner, shared some of his plans as far as the park goes and I think he is headed in the right direction. We will make another trip there I am sure of it. But Hawk Pride just seems to fit and Mark is a bit ahead of where Trey is so that's why we chose that spot. We'll see how it goes this year and go from there. I hope some of you guys make the trip.

No, it's doesn't make me feel any better ( ;p ) but I'd still like to branch out a bit and see some new land. Time will tell. What day will you being going up there??

Thanks for the invite bud

:beer:

UPDATE:

Spoke with Mark at Hawk Pride today and the pricing is as follows per day:
Driver: $10
Passenger: $5
RV Site: $20
Tent site: $5
We may have a small registration fee and it would be to cover the cost of the t-shirts and maybe a meal or 2. The event committee is working on it and we will have more details very soon. I will update again as soon as I can.

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

Click here. The registration button is at the bottom of the page. Get it while it's hot.

And if you haven't heard about the raffle prizes, a couple of vendors have already stepped up.......

TRDParts4U ----------> ARB RD111 Air Locker

Pandora Adventures ------------> 2 trips to Cancun

Plus more from Expedition One, Rock Tactics, All-Pro, Southeast Overland, WabFab with more vendors committing every day!

This is gonna be a fun time guys and gals. Bring the family and have a Mardi Krawl weekend!!

I figured since BSLCA didn't have a thread for the original trip. I'll post this here.

http://youtu.be/5NXw8S0PzAg

And then the links to the other video's should be in the video description. Or on the right of the screen.. :D
Thanks
Cody

Cody, since you went, is there a place to stay that's "decent/nice" near there that you know of??

:beer:

Hmm. Well. We stayed at the Hampton Inn just after the river in Florence. There are multiple places along the way in the area surrounding the Walmart. I don't remember the town name , but it was just before the river. You'll see what I mean on the map. I enjoyed the hot tub there, and the people were great. I took up about 7 parking spots the first night, and they didn't have any issues. Breakfast was nice. I guess it all depends upon the person. The drive from the park to hotel want bad, plenty of places to eat along the way.

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

We are only 6 weeks or so from Mardi Krawl. Early registration will close in just over 3 weeks on March 13. You can still register when you get there but the registration fee goes from $50 to $65 and we can't guarantee we'll have a t-shirt in your size. So, get registered soon. We have about half the number of rigs already registered that we expect so there is room for plenty more. :clap:

Scott, a few of us are staying at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Muscle Shoals this weekend for the pre-Krawl. It is a property owned by Wyndham and looks to be a nice hotel. It's about 10 miles from the park and one of the closest. I will let you know what kind of a place this is after we get back. ~$75 / night for 2 queen beds, microwave, refrig, cont breakfast and wi-fi.

Wish I could make this one, but will just have to wait for the pics and reports of all the fun had by everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom