Live Traffic Updates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supercarrera

I Like LEDs
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
The other day I was using the navigation and was surprised to hear live traffic updates along the route. I'm not paying for an XM subscription so either it's included in the Nav package or someone else is paying for it?

I asked the PO (my brother-in-law) about it and he said he never even noticed the live traffic updates because he always used his phone for navigation. He said he's not paying for any subscriptions.

Totally free - the updates are pulled through the HD radio.

Totally free - the updates are pulled through the HD radio.

That's a nice feature and seemed to work pretty well. I'm glad it's free. Now I'm debating whether to get the map updated. I bought a cd off fee-bay only to realize that the LX nav doesn't use a cd. I guess it's hard drive based and the only way to update it is through the dealer.

I pay for the traffic through XM, perhaps I don’t need this feature. When you say “traffic updates” do you mean voice / text prompts asking you if you’d like to adjust your route or do you mean the colors that line the road showing traffic conditions along the route?

I'm pretty sure you need a traffic subscription through XM to get traffic updates. It may be part of the XM package you have though

I pay for the traffic through XM, perhaps I don’t need this feature. When you say “traffic updates” do you mean voice / text prompts asking you if you’d like to adjust your route or do you mean the colors that line the road showing traffic conditions along the route?
what year is your LC? Both my 2016 LC and 2016 lexus RX use HD radio for traffic. no subscription is needed and is free.

what year is your LC? Both my 2016 LC and 2016 lexus RX use HD radio for traffic. no subscription is needed and is free.

Could be a 2016+ change. I have a 2013 and I had to subscribe to XM Traffic to get the traffic speed and workzone updates. I believe XM rolled that into the general XM subscription I have a year ago so it's just one bill now (whereas they used to bill it separately).

I was receiving audio updates to traffic conditions such as congestion, stop and go traffic, etc. along the route. Traffic icons were showing up on the screen as well. I definitely don't have a subscription with xm.

My truck is a ‘13 so and it has HD radio. Maybe when I do the annual bill negotiation with Sirius/XM I’ll cancel the service, I’m sure I can live without but I’m curious to see what I get for free also.

09 LX is showing traffic on the Nav. I've pushed the on-screen button in the radio section, it never returns an audio traffic update. I hadn't noticed the traffic on the nav until @supercarrera mentioned it. My commute is against traffic and at off hours, so I rarely fuss with even turning the nav on.

No SiruisXM subscription here.

Nice bonus though.

Same here. Traffic "colors" appeared out of nowhere a week or two ago. I thought it was one of those things where they turn on XM for free to everyone for two weeks, but that was not the case. Interesting to know it comes through HD radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom