little help over here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can any body suggest a good LC technician? My 80 is giving me, and a few mechanics here in Kokomo, fits. It keeps randomy blowing the EFI fuse. It will run for a few minutes and then blow the fuse. It will immediately die as soon as the fuse blows as power to the computer runs through that fuse. I put a new one in and it will blow another. I can go anywhere from a few miles to a few feet before blowing a fuse. It is fairly random. I haven't had my own ride all month, car pooling with the wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tink there is a wire shorting some were but with my skills It would have to hit me in the head when I open the hood to find it.:bang:

Thanks for the tip Gumby. Is that harness exclusively EFI stuff? Do I cut all the tape and plastic wrapping off? Can I unplug it some how to make it easier to access? I have been searching on this site for a month and have seen that suggestion. I have mentioned it to 2 different mechanics who have been trying to "fix" it. nobody has found anything yet. I will call the guy who is working on it now and reiderate that spot in the harness to him. Thanks again.

Unplug, fix the damage, wrap in heat tape, and reroute the harness. My $0.02!

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip Gumby. Is that harness exclusively EFI stuff? Do I cut all the tape and plastic wrapping off? Can I unplug it some how to make it easier to access? I have been searching on this site for a month and have seen that suggestion. I have mentioned it to 2 different mechanics who have been trying to "fix" it. nobody has found anything yet. I will call the guy who is working on it now and reiderate that spot in the harness to him. Thanks again.

You're welcome
no
yes
not really
you're welcome again

Last edited:
well I got it back yesterday and I drove it without blowing a fuse until I pulled in my drive after work today. My technision/friend replaced the wire from the fuse all the way to the firewall. He couldn't find a bad spot so he eliminated the whole thing. It still blows the fuse. Does anyone have a known good computer I could try swapping in?

I assume you are talking about your 94 and not the 2000. I have several computers for a 94 you could try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom