Light socket for speedo cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone know where to buy light sockets for the speedo cluster for my 1971 FJ40? The PO must have cut mine out bc these don’t look factory and have been hacked into the harness. Also looking for source of colored wires for various repairs of the harness.
70F53EA6-1D2F-42AE-9FB9-FA106C0B805C.jpeg
01D2469D-5864-4938-AB93-1FDE3AE1D795.jpeg
D9CCCEAE-0474-4AC2-BCBA-D19024C6E935.jpeg
061DBE3C-D4D7-404A-864A-FD57A3442110.jpeg

I don’t know a source but those definitely don’t look like the factory ones from my 71. They are metal and ground to the cluster through the socket.

I don’t know a source but those definitely don’t look like the factory ones from my 71. They are metal and ground to the cluster through the socket.
yea they have been hacked in and I know for past experience the Mr. T used metal sockets not plastic. Why would someone cut them out!

Maybe someone like coolerman has them or a line on them? Got to be something out there similar that’s reproduced.

I have these. I also have a couple of harnesses that may work if you want to replace everything. Drope a pm if interested.

BTW those are later model OEM sockets. But not right for these older clusters.

BTW those are later model OEM sockets. But not right for these older clusters.

Think there are something else unless they have been modified. Later sockets did not use wires. Rather made contact with the printed board they mounted to.

Think there are something else unless they have been modified. Later sockets did not use wires. Rather made contact with the printed board they mounted to.
Maybe someone like coolerman has them or a line on them? Got to be something out there similar that’s reproduced.

I agree has to be source. Looking online now but figured I would ask and save some time if someone has a source already.

Well definitely not OEM. Plus the used a ground wire bc they are plastic and would not ground against the frame.

Yes I think you are right. They look like Toyota sockets but the wires out the back may mean it's something else.

Mark I have some of what you are looking for. Sent you a text.

IMG_20210731_220026__01.jpg

Yes I think you are right. They look like Toyota sockets but the wires out the back may mean it's something else.

Mark I have some of what you are looking for. Sent you a text.

View attachment 2746952
That's what I need. Look forward to hooking up. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom