LiFePO4 300wh Milwaukee Packout Power Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been moving all my camping stuff to packouts. I have mounting plates on top of my drawer system and it makes loading up the 80 for a weekend of camping super simple.

I wanted a way to charge phones and run my diesel heater (also being mounted in a packout) and Milwaukee doesn't make a power station that quite fit my needs so I decided to make my own. I have totes full of old wiring supplies I've accumulated over the years that don't meet my standards for vehicle wiring anymore so I figured this would be a way to use up some of that at the same time.

Bought a set of four 25ah topband prismatic cells from batteryhookup over a year ago, just got around to putting it all together. Cells are epoxied in place, fuse box is screwed down and expoxied. BMS is an aliexpress special, same with the usb outlets and main power switch, powerpole ports are from powerwerx. The double powerpole is for power out, vertical stacked is for charging.

Happy with it overall, will run the diesel heater for 8 hours on high which is more than enough for a weekend of shoulder season camping.

IMG_6199.JPEG

IMG_6195.JPEG
IMG_6196.JPEG
IMG_6197.JPEG
IMG_6198.JPEG

Will the BMS regulate input from solar ?
No, it just protects the battery (high/low voltage, charge rate, etc.) and I also use it to monitor the battery through an app on my phone via bluetooth. I could still charge via solar using the powerpole input but would require a charge controller before connecting to the box.

I presume that you're charging at home using the Victron charger shown. Where did you find the matching connector?

I presume that you're charging at home using the Victron charger shown. Where did you find the matching connector?
Yes, it came with a couple different ends that attach to its connector (which I think is proprietary?) - battery clamps and ring terminals. I cut the ring terminals off and replaced with a powerpole.

It appears to be the same connector, other than color, that NOCO is also using on their chargers. I need another of those connectors, but to get it I have to buy a $16 pigtail? Unless I find a more reasonably priced source I'm going to cut them all off and use 2 pole Weatherpacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom