Lenz Design snorkel for GX470 & FJC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
ACC is doing a group buy on the LenzDesign snorkel - fiberglass construction from Israel. I'm getting the FJ version with this order.

If you are interested call 404.699.9666 or email them info@accgarage.com

LenzDesign-GXsnorkel.jpg

LenzDesign-snorkel.jpg

I like how snug that is to the body.

Is this group buy still happening? Price for the GX snorkel?
This one is already done. This was first posted in April. If you want to put your name on the list for the next round, call them or email them. See post #1 above.

PS, Welcome to IH8MUD!

Thanks!

I inquired via email and they ordered an extra GX snorkel. Lucky me!

Do you know how much they usually go for?

New here! Picked up my GX a month ago and have been snorkel shopping today . I hope I can get my hands on one of these. One of the best looking designs I've seen and looks like it fits perfectly.

Duly noted.

Shame to hear as it seemed like a really cool design. I know most small companies around here end up having to have the client file a claim with the shipper - not necessarily because they are lazy or incompetent, but because they cant afford for shipping companies to be breaking all their stuff and usually the receiver has to file. Was there not any sort of insured shipping in place? Maybe that cannot be easily done between countries.

I also know that wasnt the point of your post - they agreed to refund and flaked - no excuse for that part.

Update 23 april 2020: I just received my money back. It's not my style to complain out in the open but they left me no choice. I'm still quiet upset that it took over five months but at least they did the right thing.

Just to be clear, you ordered this from Lenz Directly, correct? While this is not acceptable for it to take so long to return and refund your payments, I want to make sure that anyone reading this recognizes that your experience was NOT with ACC Garage and is not representative of their company or their customer service.

Just to be clear, you ordered this from Lenz Directly, correct? While this is not acceptable for it to take so long to return and refund your payments, I want to make sure that anyone reading this recognizes that your experience was NOT with ACC Garage and is not representative of their company or their customer service.
That is correct. I've had the problem with Lenzdesign. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

That is correct. I've had the problem with Lenzdesign. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
I think your entire commentary would best be removed from ACC's forum and posted here:

Was wondering if anyone that has a Lenz Design snorkel on their GX470 if it will accommodate a roof rack. Not sure if footprint is large, what mods. Asked company about template, buying a template asked about footprint however unable to seem to get. Would be appreciative if someone has some info, template, have measurements, template so I can buy or decide on something else. Much appreciated.

Was wondering if anyone that has a Lenz Design snorkel on their GX470 if it will accommodate a roof rack. Not sure if footprint is large, what mods. Asked company about template, buying a template asked about footprint however unable to seem to get. Would be appreciative if someone has some info, template, have measurements, template so I can buy or decide on something else. Much appreciated.
It will definitely interfere with most aftermarket roof racks, especially if it has an airdam on the front of the rack. ACC owner will be installing the SSO roof rack in the coming weeks and I will post up progress photos as he modifies it to work around his Lenz snorkel.

I thought it may, I could probably modify the air dam to accommodate. I’ve a gx470, I have a Sherpa rack coming after much research from many vendors. I can appreciate the snorkel looks but thought it may interfere but could modify if the integrity of the rack remains. I appreciate the response and your willingness to post up. Even getting a template is tough it seems but again....thank you for answering and offering photos of mods incorporating lenz design snorkel. Thank you kind Sir.

The strength of the roof rack is in the gutter mounts and the fully assembled cross members, providing a rigid platform. Notching out the air dam on the front of the rack won't affect the structure.

I thought it may, I could probably modify the air dam to accommodate. I’ve a gx470, I have a Sherpa rack coming after much research from many vendors. I can appreciate the snorkel looks but thought it may interfere but could modify if the integrity of the rack remains. I appreciate the response and your willingness to post up. Even getting a template is tough it seems but again....thank you for answering and offering photos of mods incorporating lenz design snorkel. Thank you kind Sir.
The roof anchor is about 12" behind the air dam so no real structural concerns.
48C1659F-D998-471A-AA97-53BD9ADC23B1.jpeg
6487D928-F228-42E3-A975-EF4969F297DF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom