LED Rear Tail Lights Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I am the proud new owner of a '72 FJ40! It has had a lot of interesting additions/mods that I'm more or less putting back to stock. I just purchased some rear tail lights to put on the rear bumper...

(Pair of Early Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser LED Tail Lights Lamps Rear Turn Signal | eBay)

It appears as though the correct holes are on the bumper because the bracket holes line up perfectly. But the very edge of the bumpers slightly protrude into the bracket openings where the lighting assembly is supposed to be inserted. As I'm a new FJ40, I'm chalking this up to user error. What am I missing? Did I purchase incorrectly sized lights for my '72?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
IMG_2122.jpeg

those dont look like the stock brackets

Had the same problem when I installed LED rear lights. All I did was mark the area and grind it out.

it might be upside down also it should clear the body

Thanks for the replies.

Where can I find the bigger stock brackets? All the ones I've found appear to be the same size as the ones I bought.

I have run into the 2 different size this before on a 1964 fj40 , i sourced the large ones and the big lamps too at SOR.com

i know u have LED lamps now , they will kick as# !

here was my set up with my reproduction AUSSIE spec rear turn signal lamps as well

DSC_1628.JPG
DSC_1631.JPG
DSC_1633.JPG
DSC_1637.JPG
DSC_1638.JPG

I have run into the 2 different size this before on a 1964 fj40 , i sourced the large ones and the big lamps too at SOR.com

i know u have LED lamps now , they will kick as# !

here was my set up with my reproduction AUSSIE spec rear turn signal lamps as well

View attachment 1779370 View attachment 1779371 View attachment 1779372 View attachment 1779373 View attachment 1779374
Thanks. I'll take a look on SOR again.

Love the Aussie turn signal lamps! Thanks for the pics.

Thanks. I'll take a look on SOR again.

Love the Aussie turn signal lamps! Thanks for the pics.

have a good holiday weekend !

While I have some of you online right now... do you have a preferred suspension kit? I'm going to replace mine next month. And please pardon the basic questions. I am brand new to the FJ40 world.

The Aussie turn signals look like front bib lights with the amber lenses, but repurposed to the rear?

Yes , they are the same parts # as the fronts

While I have some of you online right now... do you have a preferred suspension kit? I'm going to replace mine next month. And please pardon the basic questions. I am brand new to the FJ40 world.

the ONLY one i go with is Old MAN EMU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom