Leaking distributor head. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Couple things. I thought there was a slight leak at the acsd, so I eliminated it with the back40imports kit with new hardware I snagged at the hardware store, did a fresh oem fuel filter while I was at it, and unfortunately it’s looking like it’s actually coming from the cast iron distributor head at the back of the injector pump. I thought about squeezing my small inch lbs torque wrench in there to see if they can snug up a little, but thought I’d ask for input from all of you first instead. The thought of an injector pump rebuild bums me out. 1990 hdj81 if it helps. It did fire right up after a prime and runs well, and a lot quieter now that the acsd is out.

Secondly, this Dewill exhaust stud removal tool is PERFECT for removing stripped out hex head bolts and thought I’d share it with everyone. I had multiple allen head cap screws that I don’t think have been turned since this truck was assembled and they stripped super easy on both the pump and at the acsd. It’s an exhaust stud removal tool that I bought to turn out seized exhaust studs when doing a header on my old 83 4x4 22r pickup. It grabs the heads of the screws super easy, and once torqued down the teeth bite deeper as you turn the screw out and was super helpful as it’s small enough to fit in hard to get places. It makes things wayyyy easier than having to cut the head off of a screw and pulling them out with an easy-out. Just another way to cut corners and get through problems faster and I recommend you snag one just to have in the tool chest

47295056-F850-4C24-B546-2B374FAACAD4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom