LC200 King shock testing! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome video. You are making me regret my Icon decision. I dream about offroading a LC in the gulf someday. I have seen some of your videos and envy your job.

I like KDSS. Does it make suspension less bouncy or just affect handling?

Awesome video. You are making me regret my Icon decision. I dream about offroading a LC in the gulf someday. I have seen some of your videos and envy your job.

I like KDSS. Does it make suspension less bouncy or just affect handling?
The KDSS is what made me mistake my ICON setup of being BAD, I initially thought it was the digressive compression valving that made it handle really bad in small-medium hits. Turned out it was the KDSS being frozen(jammed), took it out, spilled gasoline on it and lit a match. Thats how much I got pissed at that. Made me send countless emails and waste my time arguing with local icon dealers haha.

But hey I prefer a progressive valving stack much better since my enviorment involves washboard roads and small bumps, both are great. To each their own.

In my book, messing with KDSS takes guts. I love my LC too much to molest her. If you left KDSS in, what is the difference between the Icons and Kings? I was two seconds away from ordering from Ben at Filthy Motorsports a few months ago. I thought digressive would make the car drive more aggressive on street.

Do you ever see anyone trying to drive like you were doing in the video using AHC?

ICONS My thoughts: They handle the jumps and big drops/landings very well, Most of my experience is with the secondary shock installed so it was allot more stable(stability > than plushiness), however with the single coilover it was allot smoother, only when you hit big enough of a bump to get it through the stiff inital stroke. And with the sway bar being jammed it limited a huge amount of articulation. That combo of digressive and sway bar stiffness was fxxxing stupid it rattled the crap out of me. However with the KDSS finally deleted it was a day and night difference, it had much better small bump compliance but not like the KINGS.

KINGS: I have tried both the filthy 2.5's and the 3.0 coil overs from my local dealer which had the standard pyramid stack and 700lb springs and a rear twin tube bypass. The shocks from filthy had an issue however, since he mentioned to me that he expected the vehicle to be much lighter and the cruisers we have here are heavier then the states he gave me a softer spring that didnt allow much lift at all. I only got a 1.5 inch of lift at max preload and that amount of preload made it ride much worse, tiring poping issue. So I cranked them back down to the factory setting and i perfected the ride since the very soft coilover springs made the shock do its job. Hence absorbing every freaking bump out there it was awesome, Talking about this makes me want to go back out there. :D

Just know this please: A bad quality shock with the best valving will always perform better then the best quality shock with the worst valving. GET your valving done right for your application and I can guarantee you with any brand it will perform the way you want it. Good luck SIR!.

How is the on-road performance after deleting KDSS? Since you deleted the system, there is no longer a "sway bar". Did you retrofit something else back on, or will the KDSS be staying off?

How is the on-road performance after deleting KDSS? Since you deleted the system, there is no longer a "sway bar". Did you retrofit something else back on, or will the KDSS be staying off?
All my vehicles will stay without the sway bars, I constantly enter turns at 20MPH, body roll just makes it more fun but does not hinder the handling. I even was an idiot enough to test sharp turns at higher speeds, all is fine.

Just know this please: A bad quality shock with the best valving will always perform better then the best quality shock with the worst valving. GET your valving done right for your application and I can guarantee you with any brand it will perform the way you want it. Good luck SIR!.

Checking with Icon if they can make my 2.5s handle like your Kings. Personally I prefer the stock rear spring for its plushness. Icons rear shocks come from factory set to the highest weight possible. I have to run mine at setting zero.

I also do not have sway bars. It is not that big a deal. @ToyotaIsLife is right. You just feel more body roll without them. On very windy days and long drives I do miss them tho.

I do!! Handles very well..

How fast are they able to go? I wonder how they compare driving in desert sand dunes

New LC200 Equipped with the 3.0 coilover kit, footage soon.

ICON.PNG

I tried a stock lx570, increased damping force helps 0.1%. AHC components ended up in the junkyard like all other LX570 here :D

Was it because system failed or was it because people want something more offroad? AHC does make ride very comfortable in most situations and seems pretty reliable over here.

Regarding Kings 2.5 vs 3.0, how much of a difference did you feel? What about on street?

Was it because system failed or was it because people want something more offroad? AHC does make ride very comfortable in most situations and seems pretty reliable over here.

Regarding Kings 2.5 vs 3.0, how much of a difference did you feel? What about on street?

In the street, I dont noticed much even when closing the bypass tubes and compression adjusters or CDC(icon), mainly tire pressure plays the role of comfort during potholes and speed bumps, but again maybe thats just me. 3.0 Coilovers had the same issue as the 2.5, Not enough lift. However offroad the 3.0 feels smoother on the big hits, and the 2.5 smoother on the small stuff. Maybe thats just valving.

My current setup, ICON Coilover, Filthymotorsports king rear shock, OME Rear springs and camburg UCA. Perfect balance for me.

How fast are they able to go? I wonder how they compare driving in desert sand dunes
I go as fast as I do with my LC100 with Radflo suspension, UCA, King springs.
The LC200 AHC is definitely softer than the LC100, but still handles brilliantly..

I go as fast as I do with my LC100 with Radflo suspension, UCA, King springs.
The LC200 AHC is definitely softer than the LC100, but still handles brilliantly..
How does the Radflo ride on the lc100, i was pretty close to installing them once, decided to go with kings though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom