LC200 daily driver, mod or buy another vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I own a land cruiser 2009 VX-R with the 2UZ-F 4.7 v8 vvti petrol. It's my daily driver and its completely stock.
I want to mod it for the deserts of the UAE but without affecting it's daily drive ability.
Mods that I think are a must for me right now is a suspension upgrade with 2" lift minimum. I tend to bottom the suspension a lot while off roading it.
Second mod is perhaps larger tires that what I have (285/65r17) right now ??
I am happy overall with the vehicle but it's a bit sluggish and heavy in the dunes, not sure what to do about that. Also I don't like the fact that it doesn't have true locking FR and RR diffs.
I am looking to spend around $20k to mod it as long as I can still have a comfortable daily driver. What mods do you recommend? or should I just get a second vehicle?

Tires, suspension, skid plates. Not sure if sliders are helpful in that environment. F/R lockers and onboard compressor, you could potentially re-gear "while you're in there". I think you'd still be under your budget, and it'd still be a comfortable daily driver.

Any good places in the UAE to do these mods? 99% of the shops I have been to employ cheap labor that don't have the tiniest clue what they are doing. The most sophisticated tool they use is a hammer. I am not sure if it's just Abu Dhabi or it's everywhere.
I can't trust them doing the mods on my very clean, stock lc200.

I suggest you hookup with @ToyotaIsLife . He’s doing some cutting edge stuff and may be able to recommend a good shop.

Any good places in the UAE to do these mods? 99% of the shops I have been to employ cheap labor that don't have the tiniest clue what they are doing. The most sophisticated tool they use is a hammer. I am not sure if it's just Abu Dhabi or it's everywhere.
I can't trust them doing the mods on my very clean, stock lc200.

Check thé high level auto services

25a Street 19
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

Have at least 3 friends personally have work on their patrols,no expense spared

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom