LC100 in-line 6 petrol enging (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. Been reading the threads. Thank you for all the useful info.

1) Could someone help me please? I have a 2006 Land Cruiser inline 6. Car was running perfectly until there was a heater core leak. Temperature gauge used to sit at a quarter. When the leak happened, I made sure it didn’t overheat excessively ie didn’t let temperature gauge go beyond 3/4 (it did not hit red).

Following a heater core bypass, every single hose changed and a new fan clutch, temperature gauge sits at a quarter in cool weather but goes up to 1/2 in hot weather. And when I’m off-roading in the desert, at high rpm starts to climb. On idle in hot weather, it sits at half but I’m sure if I let it sit too long it will start to get hotter.

any ideas?

I think gasket is fine. Coolant is clean and no smoke. Pulls like a train.

Mileage is 190,000 kms, but I don’t think the previous owner looked after it well in the sense that maintenance was done as cheap as possible.

2) the “thud” felt on accelerator lift off or when pressing the accelerator has improved significantly after changing the axle hubs. But a slight thud still remains. Any ideas what else I should get looked at? Differential mounts?

Thank you!

PS here is a picture of my LC100 sitting on ARB / OME shocks with the original torsion bar. Drives like a peach although the rear is a bit too stiff. I

046111AD-E5DF-484D-81DD-5641F1C3595E.jpeg

Hi all. Been reading the threads. Thank you for all the useful info.

1) Could someone help me please? I have a 2006 Land Cruiser inline 6. Car was running perfectly until there was a heater core leak. Temperature gauge used to sit at a quarter. When the leak happened, I made sure it didn’t overheat excessively ie didn’t let temperature gauge go beyond 3/4 (it did not hit red).

Following a heater core bypass, every single hose changed and a new fan clutch, temperature gauge sits at a quarter in cool weather but goes up to 1/2 in hot weather. And when I’m off-roading in the desert, at high rpm starts to climb. On idle in hot weather, it sits at half but I’m sure if I let it sit too long it will start to get hotter.

any ideas?

I think gasket is fine. Coolant is clean and no smoke. Pulls like a train.

Mileage is 190,000 kms, but I don’t think the previous owner looked after it well in the sense that maintenance was done as cheap as possible.

2) the “thud” felt on accelerator lift off or when pressing the accelerator has improved significantly after changing the axle hubs. But a slight thud still remains. Any ideas what else I should get looked at? Differential mounts?

Thank you!

PS here is a picture of my LC100 sitting on ARB / OME shocks with the original torsion bar. Drives like a peach although the rear is a bit too stiff. I

View attachment 2627666

The 1FZ-F (carburettor) and 1FZ-FE (electronic fuel injection) 6-cyl-in-line gasoline/petrol engines would be rare/non-existent in LC100 in North America but were common in Australia. Suggest that you may do better with an inquiry specifying vehicle model and engine designation at the Australian forum “Land Cruisers On Line” -- LCOOL.org :: Index - http://www.lcool.org/forum/ -- requires registration (free) and login.

Last edited:
The 1FZ-F (carburettor) and 1FZ-FE (electronic fuel injection) 6-cyl-in-line gasoline/petrol engines would be rare/non-existent in LC100 in North America but were common in Australia. Suggest that you may do better with an inquiry specifying vehicle model and engine designation at the Australian forum “Land Cruisers On Line” -- LCOOL.org :: Index - http://www.lcool.org/forum/ -- requires registration (free) and login.

Alternatively, maybe try the "80 series" forum at IH8MUD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom