LC 90 Clock and Inclinometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasPrado95

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey 90 Series friends.

My Prado has a clock that doesn't function but does illuminate. Does anyone know if there is a common flaw on these to start with in diagnosis? The Haynes guide I have doesn't get specific on either item. I was thinking of using a voltmeter to find where the circuit is broken, but I'm not an expert.

I also have an inclinometer that functions but doesn't light up. I tried changing the T5 bulbs and the twist housings, and it still won't light up. I can see the instruments all function properly when it's dark outside and the headlights are off, as there seems to be the most minor amount of illumination somehow. But during the day - they just look dark.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hey 90 Series friends.

My Prado has a clock that doesn't function but does illuminate. Does anyone know if there is a common flaw on these to start with in diagnosis? The Haynes guide I have doesn't get specific on either item. I was thinking of using a voltmeter to find where the circuit is broken, but I'm not an expert.

I also have an inclinometer that functions but doesn't light up. I tried changing the T5 bulbs and the twist housings, and it still won't light up. I can see the instruments all function properly when it's dark outside and the headlights are off, as there seems to be the most minor amount of illumination somehow. But during the day - they just look dark.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Holding the Mode button will turn on the display light for the tri gauge

Clock - Is it the Analog one? That moves in one minute increments. be sure the plug is snug - I seem to recall there were separate lines for both clock and light.

Holding the Mode button will turn on the display light for the tri gauge

Clock - Is it the Analog one? That moves in one minute increments. be sure the plug is snug - I seem to recall there were separate lines for both clock and light.
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I tried several durations of pressing the Mode button (1, 3, 5, 7 etc seconds) and it wouldn't come back. I'm going to have to take the cover off again and see if I nudged something loose, and borrow a voltmeter from work. "fixing" things isn't supposed to make it worse haha.
For the clock, I will check the connection again and spray with contact cleaner, maybe hold together with a tiny cable tie? I'll have to keep tinkering.
After buying a faulty used stock radio (hoping for a good cassette deck but ended up with a bad internal amp), I'm very wary of buying a used clock, there are a couple on ebay for above $200, and I'm also trying to add more critical items to it before a big road trip (rock sliders to replace running boards mostly).

The old LCD screen is cracked in several places. I don't think there's any saving this one. I'm going to fit some analog "solutions" into the casing while I figure out a more permanent 12v solution.

I ended up buying a new-old stock clock from ebay for $150 and it works great.

IMG_3261.jpg

I caved in and purchased a used OEM replacement from an ebay seller in Dubai. $275 with express DHL. Pricey but better than what I had. The seller seems to have several other available for sale. He seems to specialize in these inclinometer units. Toyota Landcruiser Prado KZJ90 KD95 KDJ95 Inclinometer Tilt Altimeter Gauge used | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/325693849436
View attachment 3379574
Has anyone installed this inclinometer/tilt altimeter gauge on a Prado 95 that didn't come with it from the factory? I'd like to add one, but I'm hesitant about cutting holes in the dash, fearing I may not cut in the exact spots....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom