LC 200 trailer brake controller question (vs. 2019 Tundra) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, does anyone know if the integrated trailer brake controller on a 200 is the same that is used in the modern Tundras? I tried towing in my 2019 TRD Pro last week and it wouldn't recognize the trailer, apparently the integrated TBC in the Tundra is well known to be problematic. Any similar issues in a 200 to anyone's knowledge? Also, how does full time 4wd on the cruiser impact your ability to tow?

200 LC is my dream car and if I have to make a change now might be the time... thanks everyone!
John

No integrated controller on the 200. You have to add a controller. That said, it’s not difficult and the 200 is a fine tow vehicle. See the long thread “Towing with a 200 Series Land Cruiser”.

Hello everyone, does anyone know if the integrated trailer brake controller on a 200 is the same that is used in the modern Tundras? I tried towing in my 2019 TRD Pro last week and it wouldn't recognize the trailer, apparently the integrated TBC in the Tundra is well known to be problematic. Any similar issues in a 200 to anyone's knowledge? Also, how does full time 4wd on the cruiser impact your ability to tow?

200 LC is my dream car and if I have to make a change now might be the time... thanks everyone!
John

Hey neighbor. It's very easy to add a brake controller...the thread mentioned above has a lot of information. Many here have installed the Redarc Tow Pro Elite (that's what I installed). Great controller. I regularly tow a 17' Casita travel trailer and the LC does a fine job. Granted, it's not a heavyweight trailer but I barely know it's behind me.

John
The 200 comes pre-wired for a TBC, but does not come from factory with actual controller. Plenty of posts on how to install various brands; we chose Redarc. Our dealer was up for the challenge and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom