Lars has an itch... (3 Viewers)

I want to wheel at tuttle creek on...

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am assuming I should think about extending my diff. breathers soon then?
That's the one mod I constantly am forgetting. I need to get on that soon so I don't have to worry about it any more.

I am assuming I should think about extending my diff. breathers soon then? :doh: . Would anyone be able to assist me in this process, along with removing some unwanted parts off my rig?

Crawl under your rig with a pair of pliers and pull the caps off the front and rear breathers. I don't recal the sixe fuel tubing 5/16" or 3/8", a couple hose clamps and away you go. The front is easy, route it up near the antilock brake controller. The rear you have to get a little creative to get the hose mounted high up.

I won't have time to get the diff gears broken in and all the other items like re-torquing every bolt on the 4Runner in time to make it memorial day weekend.

Guess I'm back to my original plan of having the maiden voyage be at the Ashers.

I'm soooo close. :D

Randy I think it's time to start driving the runner to work to get some miles on those gears...:flipoff2:

Grandma died, so we have been busy lately!!! I wont be able to make it out in May at all. The wife and I decided we needed a little get away so we are going to recoup in Boston on the 25th-2nd. Abbs is taking it pretty hard. She was pretty close to her Gma!! Thanks for the concern, My 40 is anxiously awaiting her test run. I think she may need some prozac (the 40 not Abbie) to get her excited about Tuttle!!!

Thnx IBCRUSN for the insite, I havnt even been under to look at the diffs, sounds easy. Another concern is to remove the runningboards, and whatever else I can get rid of, which I am not sure what I can get rid of. Along with the diff breathers (which should have been done along time ago, probably the day after the get together).

I will be tearing some stuff up on the rig this Saturday, designing the rear for the gear, sub, and amps. If anyone is interested I will be a few feet from the BBQ at my house if anyone wants to show up. I will have beverages (mainly beer and soda) and some basic burgers and dogs for munchies. I will probably start on the rig around 10:00a, and hope to be done and maybe head down to do some baby wheelin near Haysville by 3:00 - 4:00p.

Hey FlatlandTRD, thnx for the offer. If you or anyone else decides to show up I live south of Hydrualic and McArthur 3 blocks, on Georgia. It only goes one direction (west), if you go to the first and only intersection, I am the house on the North West corner. You will probably see the wifes Solara sitting in the yard as to have room for my rig.

Also if anyone else just wants to come by and work on there rig, I have ALLLLL kinds of tools, jacks, compressor, etc....

Also BTCruiser, sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I wish you and your family the best.

Thanks in advance for your time, and replies.

Jeremy

Lars: sorry to hear about abbie's grandma.

Jeremy: the running boards are a one banana job...5 bolts and one nut hold the brackets to the body. First you need to pull the plastic that attaches to the fenderflare (3 screws). the rear most bracket you'll need to use a wrench because all but the tinyest socket-wrench will not fit due to the bodymount being right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom