Going through an L31 (5.7 first gen Vortec) from a wrecked '98 Tahoe for eventual transplant into a Cruiser.
The engine seemed pretty tight, I ran it to operating temp to check the compression (115-125 psi). Not throwing any codes. But with 200k miles I thought a rebuild to be in order.
In addition to the usual replacement parts, what sensors would it be prudent to replace? Throttle position for sure, what else wears out? This is a speed density engine with a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor but it also has a Mass Air Flow sensor.
I do plan on replacing that funky injector spider setup with the GM upgrade.
juane
The engine seemed pretty tight, I ran it to operating temp to check the compression (115-125 psi). Not throwing any codes. But with 200k miles I thought a rebuild to be in order.
In addition to the usual replacement parts, what sensors would it be prudent to replace? Throttle position for sure, what else wears out? This is a speed density engine with a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor but it also has a Mass Air Flow sensor.
I do plan on replacing that funky injector spider setup with the GM upgrade.
juane