KZJ78 front mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
all finished up
2" turbo side
2 1/2" intake side
from running 20psi flat out intercooler restricts this back to 16psi
fully loaded with a digger on the back up the longest windy hills flat to the floor max egt 530deg, this is in 25-30 deg C weather here at the moment

in the fist pic you can just see my dodgy bleed off, its 1/4" Y fitting just bleeding off, no boost tap or anything

this thing honks along now, goes so much better, did 1200km over christmas , went to the sand dunes , thrashed it up the beach not one issue and Im getting around 8.5-9 litres per 100k economy out of it even when the boot was fully loaded up with camping crap, cruising along open road at 105km/hr

20181229_104707.jpg
20181229_104716.jpg
20181229_104721.jpg
20181229_104728.jpg
20181229_104741.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! The intercooler may not be causing as much boost drop as you think. Cooler air is denser, so it might be the same amount of air, just at lower pressure. I could be that the turbo is starting to get to it's air flow limit. Have you tried measuring boost on both sides of the intercooler? I found on my 2LTE (intercooled), I could not get higher boost until I had a better flowing intake to the turbo (with poor flow, you'll get vacuum there). In order to get more air, you might need to look at your air filter. I know everyone hates the K&N filters, but when I went to one of those I was able to get about 3psi more boost. I'm seeing 19psi after my intercooler. Not sure what it is before....could be over 20. When I go on dusty roads I put a paper filter back in.

That fuel economy is incredible! I didn't know the 1KZTE was capable of that. Makes me a lot more interested in swapping one of those into my truck in place of the 2LTE. I also found an intercooler greatly increased the efficiency of my 2LTE, but I only ever see about 10-12l/100km on the highway.

true never thought about the air filter, might do the upgrade

ill do the boost check as well before and after as well

I am really surprised with the fuel economy as well, my wagon before this was a holden rodeo 4wd 2.8 diesel turbo, real work horse but gutless and managed around 8.5L per 100k

heres the link to my 1KZTE intake flange to help anyone wanting to make a throttle intake pipe

a little wide on the TPS side just need to grind it back a bit

Dropbox - intake.DXF

Dropbox - intake.SLDPRT

This is awesome @Waikato Willy . I'm looking to do something similar having upgraded to 3" turbo back exhaust.

Could you post any more pictures of the routing from the turbo to the intercooler intake? It looks really tight under my bonnet!!

Cheers

would like to get pics however some bad news , I live near a quarry and hit a massive rock a while back that was lying in the middle of the road and it pretty much stuffed the front of my wagon , its still sitting at the insurance compound as they argue with the quarry who is at fault , I say its gonna be a total loss as it bent the chasis in the frond and smashed all the right bottom corner in to the wheel and popped the tyre , really annoying , its hard to find another one now thats a reasonable price while I wait for the payout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom