This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
I don’t know how I’m going to get there.

I don’t know when I’m going to get there.

I don’t know how long I will be there

I don’t know my sleeping/ camping situation for this event.

What I do know is that I will be at KING OF THE HAMMERS 2024.

Dates: January 29 - February 04, 2024
Johnson Valley, CA 92285
United States

I got a chance to go last year and it was amazing event. So amazing that I can’t wait to go back.

I will post up some planning considerations and lessons learned for anybody planning on going.

It be cool if other onsc members could go to the event. But I understand that it’s not necessarily just down the street for us east coasters.

This will more likely be a solo trip for me but we could possibly link up at the event. (linking up with people is almost impossible at the event)
Post up if you have been there or if your planning on possibly going.

I don’t know how I’m going to get there.

I don’t know when I’m going to get there.

I don’t know how long I will be there

I don’t know my sleeping/ camping situation for this event.

What I do know is that I will be at KING OF THE HAMMERS 2024.

Dates: January 29 - February 04, 2024
Johnson Valley, CA 92285
United States

I got a chance to go last year and it was amazing event. So amazing that I can’t wait to go back.

I will post up some planning considerations and lessons learned for anybody planning on going.

It be cool if other onsc members could go to the event. But I understand that it’s not necessarily just down the street for us east coasters.

This will more likely be a solo trip for me but we could possibly link up at the event. (linking up with people is almost impossible at the event)
Post up if you have been there or if your planning on possibly going.
Great event! I was a volunteer for 3 year, 2nd best seat in the house. Raced it 5 times, best seat in the house! Always amazed at the amount of people and awesome rigs. Have fun out there.

Very cool.

I was invited by a race team through a non profit for the 2023 race so I did get to hang out with a race team and did help them recover their race car on the trail. It was such an amazing experience.
Not as cool as driving in the actual race obviously, and I was mostly trying to be useful and keeping out of the way but still I was so stoked to be able to experience that.

I would love to race in the actual race, maybe someday. But for now I have zero issues with going as a spectator.

@GarnerFJ40 @shellb Have talked about going again this year, renting a RV and bringing my starlink to work remotely. I can't commit yet though as the new house drained my finances and my work load is up and down. Commission work is great until there is no work lol.

IMG_4905.jpeg

KOH 2024 schedule.

my tentative plan is to
Leave Raleigh NC on around 19jan24 and arrive on 23jan24
that puts me on the lake bed for about 12-14 days.

Its about 60 days out as of today. That will give me enough time to ensure my vehicle is ready for the long trek across country and also my equipment will be ready for 2 weeks in desert conditions.

First week at king of the hammers was amazing. Got to watch Rob tygart race his 45 in the desert challenge this past weekend.

Did a logistics run today into civilization for some fuel, p tanks, drinking water.

Next up is the rocks sections. I expect the crowd will grow even larger than last week. Rain is forecasted for the day of the big race. Should be interesting.

Having a blast. What an event

I have limited service to get on the forum but have been able to post some pics on social media if you want to take a look.

385F23B0-53FF-43F6-A8F9-E8109BB451FC.jpeg

2 weeks of off-road racing was a blast.
Not sure when I will roll out but the lake bed is starting to thin out.
Met some cool folks and did lots of exploring.

It was lots of hard work and lots of planning to come out here and man was it worth it.
Def looking forward to next year.

I have so many cool photos and video. Hopefully I can upload it all once I have better internet.

This was camp for the last 2 weeks.
IMG_6015.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom