Knuckle Arm issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 1996 landcruiser prado kzj78
Tyre size 285.75.16
Pro comp lifkit

Within 6month second knuckle arm replaced. Anyone know solution

Thanks

I have 1996 landcruiser prado kzj78
Tyre size 285.75.16
Pro comp lifkit

Within 6month second knuckle arm replaced. Anyone know solution

Thanks

What was the issue that required replacement

Can you post some pictures? Might help us better understand the nature or the problem.

Screenshot_20230625_093130_Gallery.jpg

Hello,

Your tie rod ends may need replacement. How old are they? Same for the steering linkage.

When you installed your lift kit, did you check the camber? If you checked, did you adjust it to specification?

Juan

Hello,

Your tie rod ends may need replacement. How old are they? Same for the steering linkage.

When you installed your lift kit, did you check the camber? If you checked, did you adjust it to specification?

Juan

Steering Linkage end recently replace, yes camber adjustment done. Im using original toyota damper.

Steering Linkage end recently replace, yes camber adjustment done. Im using original Toyota damper.

Hello,

I may be stating the obvious here: do the tie rod ends and links have enough grease?

Your steering damper, how old is it? You may want to change it for an aftermarket (OME/Dobinsons) damper: it usually helps, as it is one of the few instances in which an aftermarket part is better than OEM.

When was your power steering pump last checked/maintained?

Another possibility: something may be preventing the hub from turning properly, thus placing additional stress on the knuckle arm.

Your front axle hubs may need a checkup.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom