KISS Drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellow Toyota lovers. I'm new to the page but have been a 100 series owner for a little over 3 years and have been in the Birmingham area for a little over 2.5 years. I had a question, was wondering if anyone here locally has any experience with the KISS drawer system sold by a mud member? I really want something like that for storage and to make a level sleeping surface in the cargo area for camping, etc... I'd definitely be open to building something myself but I was running numbers, etc... and the price seems very reasonable for what you get as well as the weight and engineering. Thoughts?

I can tell you that the materials alone for the drawers I built in my 100 were almost half the cost of the kiss. My carpentry skills are lacking and I really need to redo them after they've rattled themselves loose from the weight of the fridge/slide that pulled up the side and I tore off the right drawer face. I'm going to pull it apart, lower the fridge and reassemble with tons of glue and screws.

I would have bought the kiss drawers had they been available two years ago.

IMG_20180109_171936470.jpg

IMG_20160725_204507.jpg

Last edited:
I have the KISS Drawers. Very happy with them. Easy to assemble, easy to customize, don't even know they're back there. No rattles, squeaks, etc. Stained the wood black and covered in speaker carpet to match interior. Used piano hinges for the wings, but in hindsight would use hidden hinges if I were to do it again. The carpet is getting worn around the piano hinges. I might take apart and re-do at some point, but that's pretty low on the list of priorities.

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_3976.JPG

Absolutely. Not something you'd want to do every day, but with the drawers removed it's fairly easy to get the frame in and out. With the wings in the "up" position (if you connect the wings), you still need to tilt the frame a little to get it through the rear opening. They're pretty lightweight due to the extruded aluminum frame. Just unwieldy due to size and shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom