Keyless Issue - HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this is weird..

Had the OE remote... it will lock doors, but will not unlock them.

Replaced Battery...

Tried to reprogram to truck... it wouldn’t reprogram

bought new remote (OEM as well as aftermarket)... was not able to program them either.

if I lock doorswith remote then manually unlock doors with key, alarm goes off.
Have to turn ignition on to stop horn from going off.

thinking it’s the box under the seat that needs replacing.

any ideas?

Is this for a 100 series ?

Ok it could be the box. Do you have anyway you can get some 99% Isopropyl alcohol? I ended up opening the box and cleaning off some corrosion off the PCB. I also soaked the pcb of the remote in the alcohol and worked the buttons until they stopped bleeding out brown and green liquid. obviously don't leave the battery in the remote. They aren't the best of units at this age, and there is a thread where some one mapped out the plugs and connected it to an aftermarket keyless entry. You could probably find someone who removed their old one to replace yours or you could use the excuse to upgrade to something more modern.

Also the switch on your door for the locks, works locking and unlocking right?

I would remove the security / keyless system all together (unless you really need it). A security system of this vintage is just waiting to leave you stranded at Starbucks. :)

There are many threads on how to remove it - it is FUN!

YMMV!

just get rid of the old remote system, its well past its useful life. if you really want remotes for the locks you can get an aftermarket system installed and itll have remote start as well

yeah that all works

Ok it could be the box. Do you have anyway you can get some 99% Isopropyl alcohol? I ended up opening the box and cleaning off some corrosion off the PCB. I also soaked the pcb of the remote in the alcohol and worked the buttons until they stopped bleeding out brown and green liquid. obviously don't leave the battery in the remote. They aren't the best of units at this age, and there is a thread where some one mapped out the plugs and connected it to an aftermarket keyless entry. You could probably find someone who removed their old one to replace yours or you could use the excuse to upgrade to something more modern.

Also the switch on your door for the locks, works locking and unlocking right?

your dealing with 1996 tech, put a fork in it its done. for the hassle and aggravation you can pick up something cheap at best buy and if your feeling like you need something to do you can always install it yourself

I may have to look into it.
I just want to lock/unlock doors

Here is the rats nest you'll be removing - it takes an hour and is really quite easy:

(from my 1997)

20190817_162711.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom