Keyless entry/Remote Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only problem I have had so far with my Viper 211HV (Unlock only. No start or alarm) is that it takes a few clicks to get it to unlock. As you know, in order to unlock the car with the key you hit the key unlock twice to unlock the whole car. Once for just the DS door. I think there is a crossover somewhere where the lock/unlock wants to use the second click of the remote to unlock the car. There is also a proximity range that is not too far. I have to be ten feet from the car for it to unlock. And during the setup, I noticed that the timing of the locking of the car from the inside when starting and stopping the ignition has changed. Now my doors lock immediately when I turn the ignition, and immediately unlock when turning the car off. That did not happen before I had this installed. Not a problem. Just different. I actually hate that though. I do not like being automatically locked in my car.

Had prestige two way alarm/remote start in my 95 80 series, cost me 200ish installed.

Worked very well though the battery goes out fast in the two way remote.

what
I just had a alarm with remote start and entry put in yesterday. Model is avital 3100 and it works flawless. I was surprised how long my installer took to install this system, over 5 hours and he is a very experienced installer whom which I've been using for over 15 years. He told me the way the land cruiser is wired, similar to the sequoia, the unlock feature is very unique and requires additional relays to properly have the function work on all the doors. He also mentioned that each door was wired individually including the back hatch to allow the trigger to set off the security feature when a door is opened compared to other simple 1 wire trigger for all doors. Remote start works great. All in all I would recommend this unit and my installer. Cost me $320 for all features.
s the name of the installer and where are they located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom