Just Got My Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats Sorinviper
I recently just purchased a 07 FJ as well. I have not taken it off the lot yet due to my 3" Heavy Old Man Emmue (OME) lift has not arrived. A list on lift preference is a loaded question. It all depends on what you want your cruiser to do. What I ment was....do you want look cool factor, best utility lift, highest stance you can get, best ride comfort, are you adding a winch and rock sliders etc. All I can tell you is my personal preference, which was a best 'utility' lift. Which in my opinion would be the OME heavy spring kit. I will also be installing a ARB Bumper, Warn 9.5 winch, after market skid plates, custom rear bumper with winch, dual batteries etc. As well as pulling a utility trailer with a 14' Alum. boat mounted on top of the trailer, a motor and enough camping gear, fuel etc. to disapear into the Canadian wilderness for at least three weeks at a time Basically lots of extra weight. This meant I needed a beefy flexy suspension that kept the center of gravity in the very stable area. OME heavy lift was the best and only choice for me. However from my research if you don't have these items the rear of the OME heavy lifted FJ is harsh. But I'm coming from a Aqualew aluminum body Diesel BJ 42 with a 4" lift, so I'm sure the new FJ will feel like a limo. Basically if you want height Fabtech makes a nice 6" lift. Rough country has a nice 3" spacers in the front/springs in the back lift. Donahoe Racing makes a sweet coilover front shock lift. Toytech has a better priced versions of all the above. The fellows at All Pro have some excellent options as well and are very helpfull. Lots out there for front coil spacer lifts. I had excellent response when asking questions from Toytechlifts. Just try to go with the most complete lift and DON'T cheep out. Check the search feature here on IH8mud. Making a post is a good start. Good luck.

Last edited:
I have heard the OME lift is good but I am also looking at the Donahoe coilovers. I am interested in the arb bumper as well. I have been searching around. Thanks for the help.

The FJC Trail Team rigs are running RevTec lifts....had one sitting next to a OME lifted rig last night and they are comparable. IMO, there are quite a few great lift manuf's out there and some seat time in each is likely your best bet.

Sounds like you need to hit a TLCA event and hitch a ride with a few owners ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom