Just an Update on 4:88's and 33's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really like them. I've been running them now for almost a year, the gears that is. The 33's for about 4 mos. They are perfect for the 3FE'ed 80 series. I'm tellin' ya. If you want performance out of a well maintained early 80 series with the 3FE, go with the gears.

I've been flogging the 'ol girl too. She's been towing constantly, putting as much as 3000 miles on the OD in one month. Cold weather, ridiculous mud on a construction site. Pulling palates of 8" block around the site. Carrying loads of trash in the trailer, through all kinds of terrain, much as a tractor would be doing. She is my tractor and dd. Hills, rock, what ever, she'll do it. AND, she's a big girl.

She stays dirty, as the day I give her a bath (once a week) she's usually back in the mud the same day. I've pulled a loaded cement truck out of a stuck, a chevy van twice out of the goo, and one Ford p-up. ( some of the stuff these people try with 2 wheel drive is nuts). The Ford, a 4x4, was stuck up against the port-a-pot, and couldn't get up the hill... :D I've actually worn out a 40,000 lb rated tow strap.

I haul all kinds of gear inside, and her interior is really taking a beating. Holding up well though. I'll reward her to an interior update after I finish this house...

On the way home today from my regular Job in the city, we cruised along in the pouring rain without a care. I thought this is really what a sport ute is all about. Then I started thinking about the 3FE, and the word Jeffe came to mind... that means THE BOSS!!, in Spanish.

3FE=Jeffe, yea that's her to a "T".

Cruisersjustwanttohavefun001.jpg

Milleage... well... I can average about 14 MPG, but my driving is crazy right now. I'm getting about 12, towing, and lots of work off roading, and Interstate driving at 75, 80 MPH most of the time.

The speedo is about 7 MPH off at 70 MPH, with GPS. It changes, increases actual speed as you go faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom