Just a thought, Husky to Stihl trimmer head conversion. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
A shot in the dark, but does Stihl make one of these with the proper threads to fit a Huskvarna?:hmm:

101_0936.jpg

Reason; if the bump knob on the Husksy wears out (and I have no spare) the machine is down for at least a week till the parts come in.. If the Stihl knob on the 4002 713 9608 head needs to be replaced, I can pick it up the same day.
101_0936.jpg

Probably not but you may luck out.

I tried to fit an Echo bump head to a Stihl because I had tons of the echo heads and it is quicker to change a head than rewind it.

I gave up.

Yes they do make adaptors for the 25-2 head to go on other manufacturers units.

What model of the Husqvarna?

Excellent. 323L

What model Echo head?
Sorry for lapse.

They were from old Echo cheap trimmers and we had a collection of them. Found it quicker to just replace the rewound head and rewind the empty heads when we were bored.

To answer your question I do not know the model #

Excellent. 323L

Same LH M10 diameter just a courser pitch on the thread, Marie put some time in this, came up empty..

The Stihl Autocut head, will outlive 3 to 4 of the T-35 Husky heads and are easier to find parts for...

Dan, don't want to give up yet, got a part number? :D

Give Up?

Pfft!

I'll send you one.

While I had her on the phone.... I have one of those double comfort harnesses on the way, about time I treat myself.;)

:cheers:

Sorry for the delay.

Buy the STIHL version of the Echo adaptor bolt.
Cut about 3/8" off of the round shank end.

Japanese Metric is a little different than the German Metric so you will have to buy the adaptor bolt.

Look at the picture of the standard and the modified version. You are looking at the depth of the recessed area and where the shoulder sits.

Spin it on the new 25-2 and throw the old crappy head in the trash.

You fleet is now standardized to run the STIHL AutoCut 25-2 head.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-4015310084.jpg

image-560540465.jpg

image-3562153821.jpg

image-2567355852.jpg

Prefect! Thank you!

Will do.

Springs are on the next purchase (these guys will wear the spool till it shoots to, who nows where). We are well stocked with new covers and spools.

Last edited:
Dan,
Can I do this same mod to my Husky 322L? The spool on it currently is a POS.

Thanks,
Brittain

By the way I'm loving that reduced weight bar you hooked me up with. I've converted several friends to it now.

I will have to check the output shaft size on the 322L. I'm thinking is is a bigger diameter but it has bee a few years since I made the Adaptors and modifications for competitive brands.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Yo Da Man!:lol:
:cheers:

Like you said, cut off 3/8" and what we needed (husky has new shoes). Thanks for the 02.:cheers:

101_1398.jpg

101_1398.jpg

Why wouldn't you just order a few extra buttons to keep on hand? :confused:

If you must change then I recommend the Redmax heads, back when I cut grass they were the best I'd ever used.

Why wouldn't you just order a few extra buttons to keep on hand? :confused:.

I did, just burned through (my stock) the last knob and cover. The T35 Husky trimmer heads suck imo. The bump knobs and the housings are paper thin and the machine is down for a week if you get caught short and have to order the parts. The flipside, the Stihl 25-2 head will last at least 4 times longer, and if it wears out, I can buy the parts locally and have it back online the next morning. Usually just the spool, which is more cost effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom