June Trail Ride--Saturday, June 10th 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
OK, it is time for the early trail clean-up on Reynolds (Saran) Wrap and the staging area for Eagle Rock.
We may run Mt. Baldy, too, and then west to finish FS Road 379 where it ends at Bull Park/ FS Road 376.

Meet at the southern rally point, Safeway store on south Nevada Ave., before 0830hrs. At 0830, we'll depart to the Old Stage Road and proceed to Reynolds (Saran) Wrap.

If you're late, or arriving from points beyond Colorado Springs, you can meet us at the Eagle Rock staging area if that is more convenient to you.

CB channel 4
HAM Freq 146.460

Saran Wrap | Trails Offroad
Eagle Rock | Trails Offroad
Mount Baldy | Trails Offroad

OK, so TJ (my 17-year old) and I went out in the FJ60. We waited at the rally point in case someone showed up, but no one did. We headed up the mountain and saw a group in vicinity of 381/Wye Campground picking up trash/debris. I recognized one guy (Rover Disco II) and chatted with him a bit.

They were doing a combined clubs and USFS clean-up; Perfect!

So TJ and I headed to Saran Wrap, proceeded to pick up three contractor bags full of debris and litter. Yes, three bags! Mud flaps, tie-rod, miscellaneous trim pieces, and lots of litter, especially target shooting litter from the area where Saran Wrap and Eagle Rock connect.

We went back toward Springs and turned up 379/Mount Baldy/Frosty Park and joined that big group for lunch. Land Rover in Colorado Springs donated a bunch of Jimmy John's sandwiches and chips. Wal-Mart donated a bunch of bottled water.

The group had some guys working further into 379, and pulled out two abandoned vehicles--a Bronco which I didn't see, and this Explorer with a SFA swap. Dang, somebody lost some money on that!

Great trip, and TJ drove Saran Wrap with little coaching and guidance. Was awesome to see.

Check the trail guide on trailsoffroad to see the updated video.

000_0002.JPG

000_0010.JPG

000_0012.JPG

000_0013.JPG

Looks like Heaven to me and some nice trails. The family and the Cruiser should be in the Springs for good early to mid September. I would have loved to have been there. Looks like you had excellent weather! I'm so hot, humidified and sweaty here in Florida..................o_O

Reactions: SAS
Wow that's awesome that there were so many people up there working. This is what keeps these trails open for all of us!

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom