June Alternate Trail Ride--Saturday, June 24th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be on this run! South meeting spot still Loaf 'n Jug Hwy. 115 and Star Ranch?

I'll be on this run! South meeting spot still Loaf 'n Jug Hwy. 115 and Star Ranch?

For this trip, that is probably better than most (despite it being sometimes crowded/difficult to pull-into).

I thought south meeting point was the Safeway at S Nevada and E Cheyenne/Southgate. When did that change? I might be in for this one. Time will tell. I'm assuming this is a day trip? No overnight?

Nevermind I think we changed it TO Safeway. Lets stick with that. I was assuming this was just a day trip. Whats everybody think?

Reactions: SAS
I think this is a day trip; of course anyone can camp if they choose to do so.

Meet at Safeway on South Nevada between 0730-0800hrs; We will depart from there at 0800hrs (8am).

We need to discuss (at the meeting or on this forum) whether to enter at the south or at the east. If someone is taking a trailer/camper, then they may want to enter at the south in order to detach/park and then run the pass road.

I think this is a day trip; of course anyone can camp if they choose to do so.

Meet at Safeway on South Nevada between 0730-0800hrs; We will depart from there at 0800hrs (8am).

We need to discuss (at the meeting or on this forum) whether to enter at the south or at the east. If someone is taking a trailer/camper, then they may want to enter at the south in order to detach/park and then run the pass road.

Just as an update: We decided to enter the trail from the east along the highway just south of Westcliffe. If anybody does have a camper to drag down there there is a place to camp thats free and RV accessible just a short ways from the trailhead.

I'm in Canon City and may be able to tag along if I know where and when to link up with the group.

What route will you take to Westcliffe and what is an approximate ETA?

Thanks

Jim

@NMC_EXP I bet they take CO 115 down and cut through Penrose. I could be wrong on that. If I were able to meet them this weekend (which sorry guys...working again)...I'd meet them at CO115 at the Shell station just north of US 50 (I'm in Pueblo West by the way).

That's exactly right. 115 down through penrose and into Florence. Then highway 67 to Wetmore and on over to Westcliffe

At the intersection of 67 and 96 in Wetmore there is a stop sign. To the right is a parking area. I plan to be there a few minutes before 0900 tomorrow.

Look for a blue FJ60.

Some pictures from today.

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6338.JPG

IMG_6344.JPG

IMG_6353.JPG

IMG_6354.JPG

Steve

It was nice to meet you yesterday and thanks for the photos!

Jim

who's white 40??? We need more 40s!!

Used to be mine.

A '79 I bought new, sold it last year. The new owner is from CoS. I do not know if he posts here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom