June 12th Trail Clean-Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Our next scheduled trail ride is Medano Pass on June 19th. We'll create a separate thread for that.

Is anyone interested in reviving a trail clean-up activity?

In years past, we drove Saran Wrap (FS Road 370D), picked up trash, had a picnic lunch, and then drove 370C (Eagle Rock) or 379 (Frosty Park) and 379A (Mount Baldy, aka South Almagre Mountain).

On this date, June 12th, Colorado Springs Christian 4wheelers are planning a trail clean-up on Eagle Rock and Frosty Park or Mt. Baldy. This is a good chance to meet some other local 4-wheelers (mostly Jeep but they have a few Toyotas and my buddy Jim who drives an LR Discovery).

respond here if you're interested!

Maybe - not sure what's up yet that weekend

Reactions: SAS
Our next scheduled trail ride is Medano Pass on June 19th. We'll create a separate thread for that.

Is anyone interested in reviving a trail clean-up activity?

In years past, we drove Saran Wrap (FS Road 370D), picked up trash, had a picnic lunch, and then drove 370C (Eagle Rock) or 379 (Frosty Park) and 379A (Mount Baldy, aka South Almagre Mountain).

On this date, June 12th, Colorado Springs Christian 4wheelers are planning a trail clean-up on Eagle Rock and Frosty Park or Mt. Baldy. This is a good chance to meet some other local 4-wheelers (mostly Jeep but they have a few Toyotas and my buddy Jim who drives an LR Discovery).

respond here if you're interested!
I'm overdue for a run. Work has me traveling and work on the new house has had me out of commission. Need to get back out there! Count me in.

I texted with the President of Bighorn 4x4 Club--they're doing the trail cleanup on Eagle Rock (their adopted road). Colorado Springs Christian 4Wheelers is doing Frosty Park and Mt. Blady (South Almagre Mountain).

I'm overdue for a run. Work has me traveling and work on the new house has had me out of commission. Need to get back out there! Count me in.
My wife has informed me that we are committed on the 12th... but I'm in for Medano!

Reactions: SAS
I'll post up details (meet place, time, etc.) tomorrow. Should be meeting around 8am. Expect a short day, leave the mountain around 2pm?

Meet at the Safeway (1920 S. Nevada Ave.) between 8 and 8:30am. Park on the east side of the building (closest to Nevada Ave.)

We'll depart at 8:30am.

Bring:
gloves, rake, shovel
hat and sunscreen
drinking water, snacks, and lunch

I'll bring trash bags and extra drinking water

We'll focus our cleanup on Saran Wrap, and/or the stretch of Old Stage/Gold Camp Road between Eagle Rock Meadow and west side trailhead of Saran Wrap.

The USFS is working with Colo Sprgs Christian 4Wheelers, they'll have a trailer/dumpster (at 379 Frosty Park & Old Stage/Gold Camp Road).
Bighorn 4x4 Club will be on Eagle Rock.

Expect to be done with cleanup by noon, maybe go have lunch with the two other clubs at the 379/Frosty Park meadow?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom