July 17th Tincup Pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
OK, looks like I'm a "GO" for this Saturday! Who's gonna join? Here's the basic plan:

Meet at the Alta C-store in Crystola between 8am and 8:30am
Drive out US-24 West to Antero Junction, then Johnson Village. From there, south towards Nathrop and CR 162 up the mountain to St. Elmo and the trailhead.
From the village of Tincup, we can go north and return to Buena Vista via Cottonwood Pass; or go south to Pitkin and then south to hit HWY 50.
I estimate we'll be at the trailhead around 11am, coming off the trail at Tincup maybe around 3pm?

Bring a lunch and snacks, and plenty of drinking water.
Also, be sure to bring a jacket because it may get quite chilly at elevation (especially if it begins to rain).

I'm pretty sure I'm in. Truck is at the shop getting a new power plant and should be ready today. Thanks for making the meet up near Woodland Park! I'll confirm at the end of the day that the big girl made it out of the shop.

Side note... I snapped my CB antenna, waited until the last minute and am on backorder for a new one. If anyone has an extra comm I can borrow I'll be grateful.

OK, looks like I'm a "GO" for this Saturday! Who's gonna join? Here's the basic plan:

Meet at the Alta C-store in Crystola between 8am and 8:30am
Drive out US-24 West to Antero Junction, then Johnson Village. From there, south towards Nathrop and CR 162 up the mountain to St. Elmo and the trailhead.
From the village of Tincup, we can go north and return to Buena Vista via Cottonwood Pass; or go south to Pitkin and then south to hit HWY 50.
I estimate we'll be at the trailhead around 11am, coming off the trail at Tincup maybe around 3pm?

Bring a lunch and snacks, and plenty of drinking water.
Also, be sure to bring a jacket because it may get quite chilly at elevation (especially if it begins to rain).
Trucks out of the shop and I'll see you at the gas station tomorrow.

Reactions: SAS
We can use Ham or FRS/GRMS hand-helds. I'll bring one plus the spare to share.

Pictures from Tin Cup/Cottonwood Pass
20210717_160410.jpg
20210717_134632.jpg
20210717_142549.jpg
20210717_145459.jpg
20210717_160348.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom