JT Outfitter Headers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Threads
15
Messages
58
Location
Nottingham, PA
I see in a lot of older post that JT Outfitters lacks in the customer service department. I'm interested in their "power pack" (headers, carb, dizzy) for one of my fj60's. Has anyone had a recent experience with JTO they care to share or suggestions for another parts source for similar items?
 
Best indicator of future behavior is past behavior...IMO
 
JTO has always done well for me, but I'm close enough to drive there and pick up what I need, about a 40 minute drive. Sometimes they have been a little slow but they always come through and I can usually pick Joes brain for ideas and advice. Some people like them, some people don't, that is just a personal preference. As for me, there is one advertiser here I will avoid like the plague, but again, that is a personal preference.
 
JTO has been good to me as well. I'm about 30 minutes away, so I went after work one day. I walked in 15 minutes before closing time to order parts, and he talked to me for over an hour past closing time about my 40. Very knowledgeable, I will do business again with them.
 
I'm interested in their "power pack" (headers, carb, dizzy) for one of my fj60's.

The stock carb and dizzy on an FJ60 is as good as it gets for a 2F, the top of the food chain and the pinnacle of 2F development by Toyota. Nothing to be gained by going aftermarket. Trying to get more power out of a cast-iron, flat-tappet, heavy-flywheel tractor motor that was designed for low-rpm torque is largely a waste of time and money, IMO.
 
The stock carb and dizzy on an FJ60 is as good as it gets for a 2F, the top of the food chain and the pinnacle of 2F development by Toyota. Nothing to be gained by going aftermarket. Trying to get more power out of a cast-iron, flat-tappet, heavy-flywheel tractor motor that was designed for low-rpm torque is largely a waste of time and money, IMO.
There unequal runner lengths on the manifolds leaves something to be desired. Lots of people use the JT headers though other designs are superior (and more expensive.) If I were going to change from my carb, it would be to EFI. There are a few 2Fs running around with fitech units.
 
I recently got a header from them for my 40 and had no issues. Had it in my hands within a week. It's on and running great. There are better quality ones out there if you've got the pockets for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom