John Bull Trail, Big Bear 9/1/07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today my friend Carl (silver TJ) and I ran the John Bull trail. We were literally the first people to tackle the trail after yesterday’s rains which made us the first to enjoy a dust free trail ride and nice sticky dirt. The weather was beautiful as we stopped to air down but as we crested the first hill we saw some threatening clouds closing in.
gatekeeperonline.jpg
gatekeeper2.jpg
Jeeponline.jpg

The weather decided it was time to open up and started dumping buckets of rain on us accompanied by thunder and lightning. This made the last bit of the trail interesting and technical with the wet rocks. My friend in the Jeep was hating life at that moment as he had no doors and only a bikini top to shelter him from the elements. His poor dog got wet too in the back.
onlinetreedrop1.jpg
treedrop2.jpg
treedrop3.jpg

After we got off of the trail we stopped by the Arco station to air up. We heard numerous people bantering about a fire in Fawnskin. After realizing the rumors were legitimate, we hauled ass to the damn to get down the mountain before they closed it off. Oh, but that would have been way too easy. The road was already closed but we shot these pics on the way there:
fawnskinfire1.jpg
fawnskinfire2.jpg

It only rained up in Big Bear and the Banning area I think. I only know it rained because a friend of mine was up there for it and there were big puddles everywhere.

John Bull is definitely one of my favorite trails. Constant rocks and obstacles without a cliff on one side.

I don't know what ever came of the fire in Fawnskin. I will have to check the news.

Between the weather, the trail and not seeing one other vehicle for the whole trail, I am going to have to put this trip as one of my top outings for the year so far.

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing. I had no idea it rained either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom