Jeep Branded Warn 8274 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a used Warn 8274 and was surprised to see it was a Jeep branded unit. Can anyone shed some light on this winch? Is it rare and possibly somewhat valuable to a Jeep owner? Should I sell it and get a different used 8274? TIA

Not special at all, its a 8274 with jeep sticker on top instead of WARN sticker...everything else is the same inside and out...

Not special at all, its a 8274 with jeep sticker on top instead of WARN sticker...everything else is the same inside and out...

I understand that it is just that. However, I was wondering if these are rare and thus may be worth some money to someone restoring a Jeep.

Kind of the same as a Fujitsu radio with Toyota stamped on it that go for lots of $$$ on this site.

@Cruzerman , if the Jeep sticker is original, it might be worth posting on a Jeep forum. Someone doing a correct resto on an old Jeep might be interested.

Jeep guys don’t really care. I have a couple of the Jeep dealer add on 8274’s. They sell for the same amount as any other used 8274. They have went 3x higher new and used in the last 20 years. Makes for a decent hedge against inflation. About as good as silver.

I think I'll just fix it up and put it on my cruiser for now. Thanks folks.

Does it have the free spool knob? In addition to the Jeep branded 8274, Warn made some 8074 winches for Jeep back in the day, identical to the 8274 with the exception of the free spool knob.

FYI, a few years ago someone was selling reproduction Jeep branded stickers for the 8274, so I don't think there's any inherent value to this particular winch except to maybe the most anal restorer.

Mojojeeper sells the Jeep stickers for 8274

s-l1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom