It's been a minute, reintroduction... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. My name is Ryan and I'm in Olathe, KS. I guess it was almost 10 years ago that I last posted here. I had a 91 FJ80 back then that I sold off because I had too many issues with it and couldn't find a shop that knew how to fix it. Fast forward to today and I have just bought a 1983 FJ60. My son and I flew out to Texas last weekend and drove it 500 miles back home. I've already been in contact with Jess from Gray Industries Cruisers and he is going to help me get my 60 up to speed. I don't have crazy plans for it, mostly getting it baselined, get a few things fixed and possibly do a H55 swap.

IMG_9525.jpeg
E341FC97-BF98-4B25-8F9D-2E448650BF48.jpeg

The 2nd picture is 50 miles after we drove away from the seller and the a/c compressor seized and started smoking. I cut the belt off and we kept on trucking!

Anyway, it's good to be in a Cruiser again and I hope to get out to a club event once Jess gets the bugs worked out.

Welcome! Nice chatting over FB messager. Love the brown ones. Look forward to seeing the truck and meeting you. In good hands with Jess.

Welcome! Nice chatting over FB messager. Love the brown ones. Look forward to seeing the truck and meeting you. In good hands with Jess.
Glen, don’t worry I’ve offered up your rig as a test drive for the h55 swap…. I know your game.

I appreciate the words of wisdom that both of you have already given me. I'm excited to get to work and make it mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom